Spied: 2016 Skoda Rapid facelift testing in India
Skoda's mid-size offering in India, the Rapid, has been long overdue for a full fledged upgrade and it seems the company is working on the new version. The 2016 Skoda Rapid facelift has now been spotted testing in India. Skoda India is expected to launch the updated Rapid by the end of this year.
As seen from the spied images, the 2016 Skoda Rapid facelift gets a sharper headlight design, modern grille which makes it reminiscent of the new-gen Octavia and the Superb, new bonnet, new front bumper and fog lamp housing and ORVMs with integrated turn indicators. The side view of the test car looked similar to the existing version, so did the tail lamps. The changes on the new Skoda Rapid resemble those on the international spec model.
The interior of the Skoda Rapid facelift will also receive an upgrade. Skoda might bring in the new MirrorLink application that will be seen on the Volkswagen Ameo. It mirrors applications and functions of an Android or iOS phone connected via USB port.
The new Skoda Rapid is expected to retain the existing engine options but with a slight tweak. The 1.6l 105PS/153Nm petrol will likely be tuned for more efficiency while the diesel will undergo more revisions. It will be updated to make around 107PS (2PS more than its current iteration) while fuel efficiency will also be bumped up. The diesel motor is offered with an optional 7-speed DSG transmission. The Skoda Rapid competes with the likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Fiat Linea and Volkswagen Vento in India.
Image source: Motorbeam
Starts Rs 8.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.58 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance