Spied: 2016 Skoda Rapid facelift testing in India
Skoda's mid-size offering in India, the Rapid, has been long overdue for a full fledged upgrade and it seems the company is working on the new version. The 2016 Skoda Rapid facelift has now been spotted testing in India. Skoda India is expected to launch the updated Rapid by the end of this year.
As seen from the spied images, the 2016 Skoda Rapid facelift gets a sharper headlight design, modern grille which makes it reminiscent of the new-gen Octavia and the Superb, new bonnet, new front bumper and fog lamp housing and ORVMs with integrated turn indicators. The side view of the test car looked similar to the existing version, so did the tail lamps. The changes on the new Skoda Rapid resemble those on the international spec model.
The interior of the Skoda Rapid facelift will also receive an upgrade. Skoda might bring in the new MirrorLink application that will be seen on the Volkswagen Ameo. It mirrors applications and functions of an Android or iOS phone connected via USB port.
The new Skoda Rapid is expected to retain the existing engine options but with a slight tweak. The 1.6l 105PS/153Nm petrol will likely be tuned for more efficiency while the diesel will undergo more revisions. It will be updated to make around 107PS (2PS more than its current iteration) while fuel efficiency will also be bumped up. The diesel motor is offered with an optional 7-speed DSG transmission. The Skoda Rapid competes with the likes of Honda City, Hyundai Verna, Fiat Linea and Volkswagen Vento in India.
Image source: Motorbeam
Starts Rs 8.48 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.06 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.33 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India
- NewsLimited-run Mini Cooper S Oxford Edition launched in India at Rs 44.90 lakh
- Review2018 Hero Destini 125 scooter quick ride review