Spied: 2016 Skoda Superb spotted testing in Pune
The 2016 Skoda Superb was seen testing in Pune recently. The third generation Superb was unveiled first in February in Prague and is expected to make its way to India next year. The car will take on the Toyota Camry, the Honda Accord and the Volkswagen Passat B8 with which it shares most of its parts.
On the outside, the new Skoda Superb looks like a neatly stitched suit with neat folds running all around the car. It sports new headlamps with a pair of rather uniquely styled LED DRLs and the signature bulge running down the centre of the bonnet from the badge. The rear end gets sharper C-cut LED lamps and neat folds along the boot lid and bumper to go along with the rest of the car.
The interiors can be expected to be quintessentially Skoda with a simple yet elegant layout consisting of all the latest equipment like a three-zone automatic climate control, electrically operated panoramic tilt and slide roof and an 8-inch colour touchscreen entertainment system.
Globally, the Skoda Superb is offered with an array of diesel and petrol engines. The smallest diesel engine offered is a 120PS/250Nm 1.6-litre TDI engine, with the most powerful one being a 2-litre engine with an output of 190PS and 400Nm. The entry level petrol engine is a 1.4-litre TSI engine producing 125PS and 200Nm and biggest engine is a 2-litre TSI unit capable of 280PS and 350Nm. Details on the engine and transmission combos that will be available in India are unclear, but expect them to be more or less similar to the outgoing car.
Starts Rs 25.34 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.75 Lakhs
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?