Spied: 2016 Skoda Superb testing in India
Skoda unveiled the new Superb amid much fanfare at the 2015 Geneva Auto Show. The car is slated for a mid-2016 launch in India and will most probably be on display at the 2016 Auto Expo. OVERDRIVE reader Rohil Hinduja spotted the new Skoda Superb testing in India on the road to Lavasa, outside Pune.
The all-new Skoda Superb spotted was in the L&K trim suggesting that the Czech company could be looking at bringing in just this trim with all the bells and whistles. This could be a move to differentiate the new Superb from the Octavia, in terms of pricing. The car is based on the new Volkswagen MQB platform and is around 75kg lighter than the outgoing car. It also looks more angular. The car's wheelbase has also increased by 80mm while the length has grown by 28mm. As it is, the current Superb is a class apart when it comes to space in the cabin and the new one is expected to better it. Skoda has added lots of equipment to the new Superb. This includes three driving modes, heated seats, new powerful audio system as well as Smartlink infotainment system.
The new Skoda Superb is expected to continue with the existing pair of 1.8 and 2.0 turbo engines. Both these engines will be mated to automatic as well as manual transmissions. Expect the new 2016 Skoda Superb to be priced more than the outgoing car.
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
- NewsYamaha India commences online booking and sales of its motorcycle range
- NewsHyundai Mobility Membership loyalty program launched with unconditional benefits for Hyundai owners
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's Gurugram plant will be shifted to larger facility in Haryana
- NewsElectric vehicles can now be sold in India without batteries, states the Government
- NewsSteelbird India launches hands free face shield, plans to make 1 lakh units in three months