Spied: 2016 Skoda Superb testing in India
Skoda unveiled the new Superb amid much fanfare at the 2015 Geneva Auto Show. The car is slated for a mid-2016 launch in India and will most probably be on display at the 2016 Auto Expo. OVERDRIVE reader Rohil Hinduja spotted the new Skoda Superb testing in India on the road to Lavasa, outside Pune.
The all-new Skoda Superb spotted was in the L&K trim suggesting that the Czech company could be looking at bringing in just this trim with all the bells and whistles. This could be a move to differentiate the new Superb from the Octavia, in terms of pricing. The car is based on the new Volkswagen MQB platform and is around 75kg lighter than the outgoing car. It also looks more angular. The car's wheelbase has also increased by 80mm while the length has grown by 28mm. As it is, the current Superb is a class apart when it comes to space in the cabin and the new one is expected to better it. Skoda has added lots of equipment to the new Superb. This includes three driving modes, heated seats, new powerful audio system as well as Smartlink infotainment system.
The new Skoda Superb is expected to continue with the existing pair of 1.8 and 2.0 turbo engines. Both these engines will be mated to automatic as well as manual transmissions. Expect the new 2016 Skoda Superb to be priced more than the outgoing car.
Starts Rs 29.99 Lakhs
- NewsMaruti Suzuki vehicle subscription plans explained, now available in Delhi NCR, Bengaluru, Pune and Hyderabad
- NewsYamaha India to encash on the festive season with new offers finance schemes
- ReviewMG Gloster road test review
- NewsBreaking: 2020 BMW M 1000 RR bookings for India to commence in this week
- FeaturesHow to save on car insurance premium