Spied: 2016 Volvo V90 caught testing in Sweden
The Volvo V90 first appeared online last year as a 1:43 scale model. This time Swedish magazine Teknikens Värld has published completely undisguised pictures of the all-new Volvo V90. The Sweden based manufacturer is expected to publicly unveil the V90 at the upcoming 2016 Geneva Motor Show. However, Volvo has not conformed this yet.
Just like the S90, the V90 is also based on Volvo's SPA platform. It is expected to be powered by the D4 and D5 diesel engines and plug-in hybrid engines. Volvo is reportedly working on three-cylinder engines along with a performance oriented variant which will be introduced at a later stage. The Volvo S90 is expected to be officially revealed at the 2016 Detroit Motor Show.
The spy pictures clearly reveal the exterior design of the V90. The styling of the front end is very similar to the S90 sedan; also bears resemblance to the XC90 SUV which can be seen from the Thor-shaped headlights. It gets roof rails, sloping roofline and distinctly sharp tail-lights. The lower end of the rear bumper houses twin chrome exhaust pipes. Although there are no pictures of the interiors of the car, one can safely expect a plush and upmarket cabin crafted from top-notch materials, just like a typical Volvo car.
Once launched, the V90 is expected to replace the current V70 that is on sale. According to Teknikens Värld, the V90's wheelbase is longer than the V70's by five inches which means occupants are likely to have a bit more room.
Image source: Teknikensvarld.se
Starts Rs 54.5 Lakhs
- NewsNew Maruti Suzuki Ertiga features detailed in new video
- News2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 launched in India at Rs 7.45 lakh
- NewsRange Rover Velar SVR spotted testing at the Nurburgring
- FeaturesThis might just be India's quickest accelerating Maruti Suzuki Swift!
- FeaturesAuxiliary lights for motorcycles: Everything that you should know
- NewsPirelli inaugurates its first tyre centre in Vadodara
- NewsFormula E: Jaguar I-PACE eTROPHY racecar to debut at Berlin ePrix
- NewsSkoda Kamiq unveiled before Auto China 2018 debut
- NewsTVS holds its first event for the south chapter of the Apache owners group
- Review2018 Suzuki GSX-S750 first ride review