Spied: 2016 Volvo V90 caught testing in Sweden
The Volvo V90 first appeared online last year as a 1:43 scale model. This time Swedish magazine Teknikens Värld has published completely undisguised pictures of the all-new Volvo V90. The Sweden based manufacturer is expected to publicly unveil the V90 at the upcoming 2016 Geneva Motor Show. However, Volvo has not conformed this yet.
Just like the S90, the V90 is also based on Volvo's SPA platform. It is expected to be powered by the D4 and D5 diesel engines and plug-in hybrid engines. Volvo is reportedly working on three-cylinder engines along with a performance oriented variant which will be introduced at a later stage. The Volvo S90 is expected to be officially revealed at the 2016 Detroit Motor Show.
The spy pictures clearly reveal the exterior design of the V90. The styling of the front end is very similar to the S90 sedan; also bears resemblance to the XC90 SUV which can be seen from the Thor-shaped headlights. It gets roof rails, sloping roofline and distinctly sharp tail-lights. The lower end of the rear bumper houses twin chrome exhaust pipes. Although there are no pictures of the interiors of the car, one can safely expect a plush and upmarket cabin crafted from top-notch materials, just like a typical Volvo car.
Once launched, the V90 is expected to replace the current V70 that is on sale. According to Teknikens Värld, the V90's wheelbase is longer than the V70's by five inches which means occupants are likely to have a bit more room.
Image source: Teknikensvarld.se
Starts Rs 58.84 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show