Spied: 2017 Audi SQ7 testing in India
While numerous instances of the Audi Q7 petrol being tested on Indian soil have been reported before, we have now got our hands on images of the new SQ7 diesel being tested here. The SQ7, the most powerful Q7 model, is likely to make it way down to India by the end of this year. Expect the car to be priced around Rs 1.2 crore.
While the model spotted is a left-hand drive iteration, Audi does have right-hand drive versions of the SQ7 ready in other markets. The new Audi SQ7 runs a turbocharged as well as electric-powered compressor to make 435PS and 900Nm from its 4.0-litre diesel engine. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission and helps the SQ7 to run to 100kmph in just 4.8s. Compared with the regular Q7 diesel, the SQ7 is almost 2.5s quicker as well as has a better top speed of 250kmph. It will be interesting to note how Audi India plans on detuning the Euro-VI compliant diesel engine to suit our fuel requirements. Alternatively, the company might just wait till next year when BS-VI fuel is likely to be introduced in our country.
Apart from the engine change, the new SQ7 gets bigger 20-inch alloys, a revised front apron with aluminium inserts and a more aggressive rear spoiler. There are also quad exhausts and a V8T emblem. Inside the cabin, there are not many changes and the SQ7 continues to offer high-quality materials all around.
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
- NewsIndia-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks unveiled In Mumbai
- NewsMahindra and Ford to collaborate on shared powertrains, connected car tech
- NewsLive updates: Reveal of India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019