Spied: 2017 Audi SQ7 testing in India
While numerous instances of the Audi Q7 petrol being tested on Indian soil have been reported before, we have now got our hands on images of the new SQ7 diesel being tested here. The SQ7, the most powerful Q7 model, is likely to make it way down to India by the end of this year. Expect the car to be priced around Rs 1.2 crore.
While the model spotted is a left-hand drive iteration, Audi does have right-hand drive versions of the SQ7 ready in other markets. The new Audi SQ7 runs a turbocharged as well as electric-powered compressor to make 435PS and 900Nm from its 4.0-litre diesel engine. The engine is mated to an 8-speed automatic transmission and helps the SQ7 to run to 100kmph in just 4.8s. Compared with the regular Q7 diesel, the SQ7 is almost 2.5s quicker as well as has a better top speed of 250kmph. It will be interesting to note how Audi India plans on detuning the Euro-VI compliant diesel engine to suit our fuel requirements. Alternatively, the company might just wait till next year when BS-VI fuel is likely to be introduced in our country.
Apart from the engine change, the new SQ7 gets bigger 20-inch alloys, a revised front apron with aluminium inserts and a more aggressive rear spoiler. There are also quad exhausts and a V8T emblem. Inside the cabin, there are not many changes and the SQ7 continues to offer high-quality materials all around.
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
- NewsThree lakh units production milestone achieved for the Tata Tiago
- NewsDucati Scrambler 1100 Pro BSVI launched in India, prices start from Rs. 11.95 lakh
- NewsTata Altroz diesel now more affordable with Rs 40,000 price cut
- NewsVolkswagen's first electric SUV, the ID.4, will include 3-years of free fast charging in the US
- NewsFord Endeavour Sport launched in India, prices start from Rs 35.10 lakh