Spied: 2017 Mahindra Scorpio facelift caught testing in India
It has been a little over three years now that the second-gen Mahindra Scorpio was launched in India at Rs 7.98 lakh. And now the Indian automobile manufacturer is working on bringing a facelifted version of its most popular SUV, the Mahindra Scorpio. The 2017 Mahindra Scorpio facelift has been spied testing in Nasik, Maharashtra which also happens to the manufacturing centre for the SUV. The facelifted Mahindra Scorpio is said to get design updates primarily and will retain its mechanicals from the existing version.
Mahindra has camouflaged the front and the rear profiles of the Scorpio facelift as there are the only two profiles that get subtle design changes. While the front is not visible, it is only the radiator grille that receives a design update, similar to that seen on the Mahindra Imperio pick-up. The headlights too are expected to receive a design change. The side profile remains unchanged and there will be no changes in the dimensions of the SUV as well. The rear profile of the Mahindra Scorpio facelift, as seen from the images, gets a reworked tailgate unit with subtle design changes.
The cabin of the 2017 Mahindra Scorpio facelift too will get premium bits in terms of more detailing in the trims. It will come equipped with the latest 7-inch infotainment system with Android Auto, Car Play as well as Mahindra developed Eco Sense smartphone applications. This unit made its debut with the 2017 Mahindra XUV500.
The existing Mahindra Scorpio is available in six variants namely - S2 (featuring the 2.5-litre m2DICR engine) S4, S6, S6+,S8 and S10 that use the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel. The 2017 Mahindra Scorpio facelift might get a performance tweak on the 2.2-litre mHawk diesel unit.
Starts Rs 10.05 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India launches Helmet for Life road safety campaign