Spied: 2018 Ford Figo Cross spotted without camouflage
The upcoming Ford Figo Cross has been spotted in a parking lot sans camouflage, giving us a glimpse of what is possibly the final, production spec of the new crossover. Ford has been working on the new Figo Cross for a while now and we had seen a few test mules before.
The new spy pictures reveal the design details of the Figo Cross and it looks like Ford has gone the extra mile to ensure that the car's looks befits the name. Based on the current Ford Figo, the new mesh grille gives the Figo Cross an aggressive face and the bumper too has been redesigned. The lower half of the bumper gets black cladding and a faux bashplate for the quintessential, crossover look. There's black cladding around the wheel arches and the side skirts as well.
A prominent stripe runs from the bonnet to the tail gate, adding a dash of sportiness to the car. Other crossover elements include blacked out mirrors as well as black roof rails and new alloy wheels. The car does look like a thorough crossover, however, we can't see the point of adding chrome strips on the window or the door handles, since the rest of the car looks sporty. Being a crossover, expect the Figo Cross' ride height to be relatively higher than the Figo hatchback.
The interior also looks fresh and it seems to have been inspired by the new EcoSport. It gets a similar looking, floating touch screen infotainment system, that replaces an array of buttons on the centre console. That's resulted in a cleaner dashboard layout. The image also reveals the absence of auto climate control in the variant that was spied.
The new Ford Figo Cross is expected to be launched with two engine options, the new 1.2-litre Dragon petrol and the tried and tested 1.5-litre diesel. Stay tuned for more updates.
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
- NewsWorld Ducati Week: Bayliss, Lorenzo, Dovizioso to battle it out in Race of Champions
- News2018 BMW 6 Series GT diesel launched in India at Rs 66.50 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus variants explained
- Features2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V longterm review: Introduction
- News2019 Hyundai Elantra facelift spotted testing again in South Korea
- ReviewMercedes-AMG C 43 4Matic Cabriolet first drive review
- ReviewMercedes-Benz 2018 C 200 first drive review
- NewsVolvo S60 sedan unveiled internationally, to rival Mercedes C-Class
- NewsGaurav Gill's 2017 Team MRF Skoda Fabia R5 immortalized in scale model form
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option