Spied: 2018 Ford Figo Cross spotted without camouflage
The upcoming Ford Figo Cross has been spotted in a parking lot sans camouflage, giving us a glimpse of what is possibly the final, production spec of the new crossover. Ford has been working on the new Figo Cross for a while now and we had seen a few test mules before.
The new spy pictures reveal the design details of the Figo Cross and it looks like Ford has gone the extra mile to ensure that the car's looks befits the name. Based on the current Ford Figo, the new mesh grille gives the Figo Cross an aggressive face and the bumper too has been redesigned. The lower half of the bumper gets black cladding and a faux bashplate for the quintessential, crossover look. There's black cladding around the wheel arches and the side skirts as well.
A prominent stripe runs from the bonnet to the tail gate, adding a dash of sportiness to the car. Other crossover elements include blacked out mirrors as well as black roof rails and new alloy wheels. The car does look like a thorough crossover, however, we can't see the point of adding chrome strips on the window or the door handles, since the rest of the car looks sporty. Being a crossover, expect the Figo Cross' ride height to be relatively higher than the Figo hatchback.
The interior also looks fresh and it seems to have been inspired by the new EcoSport. It gets a similar looking, floating touch screen infotainment system, that replaces an array of buttons on the centre console. That's resulted in a cleaner dashboard layout. The image also reveals the absence of auto climate control in the variant that was spied.
The new Ford Figo Cross is expected to be launched with two engine options, the new 1.2-litre Dragon petrol and the tried and tested 1.5-litre diesel. Stay tuned for more updates.
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000