Spied: 2018 Mahindra XUV500 spotted testing in India
Mahindra launched the refreshed Scorpio last week and now the company seems to be gearing up to launch the facelifted version of the popular XUV500. The 2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift has been spotted testing in India. From the looks of it, the updated SUV will feature a host of changes outside as well as inside. But most importantly, the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 will get a bump in power output for the new iteration.
The 2018 Mahindra XUV500 will gets a revised front design
As seen from the camouflaged images, the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 gets a revised front in the form of a new grille and a reworked bumper design. The headlight cluster looks unchanged and continues to feature projectors and LED DRLs. The bonnet too is expected to get a new sleeker design compared to the present model. The overall silhouette remains similar to the present model, except for the new alloy wheel design. The rear profile too will get subtle updates along with updated lights. The cabin of the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 is expected to get more appealing with premium upholstery. In its last update, the SUV received Android Auto along with other connected applications in addition to Ecosense driving rating app and emergency call. We believe, the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 will also get CarPlay as an additional connectivity option.
The 2018 Mahindra XUV500 will get subtle tweaks in design compared to the present model
However, the main highlight of the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 will be the updated 2.2-litre mHawk diesel engine. In its present tune, this motor makes 140PS and 330Nm, which is expected to go up to 170PS and 400Nm. This engine will be available with a choice between automatic and a manual transmission. We also believe, Mahindra might offer the petrol powered SUV500 in India, that was recently launched in the UAE market. This will help the Indian car manufacturer deal with competition from Renault Captur, Hyundai Creta and the Jeep Compass.
Mahindra will add more tech and features in the 2018 XUV500
The ideal platform where the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 can be the 2018 Auto Expo. Will you wait for the 2018 Mahindra XUV500 or choose one of the above mentioned rivals, let us know in the comments section below.
Image source: motor.vikatan.com
Starts Rs 12.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
- NewsHero MotoSports Team Rally's Hero 450 RR to make Indian debut at 2018 Desert Storm
- News2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V Image Gallery
- Review2018 TVS Apache RTR 160 4V first ride review
- NewsPirelli opens its first branded retail store in Agra
- NewsSuzuki Intruder Fi launched in India at Rs 1.06 lakh
- NewsTrack n Tell Intelli Play - Infotainment and tracking device
- NewsAudi India announces price hike ranging from Rs 1 lakh to Rs 9 lakh across its model range
- NewsJaguar XE and XF now available with Ingenium petrol engines
- NewsMotoGP: Valentino Rossi signs with Movistar Yamaha for a further two years
- NewsMercedes Maybach S650 Pullman facelift unveiled