Spied: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga caught testing
The all-new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga has been snapped testing and new spy shots reveal some more details of the upcoming MPV. The new Maruti Suzuki Ertiga is expected to go on sale in India early next year, and by the looks of it, the company will showcase the production ready Ertiga at the 2018 Auto Expo.
The spy shots suggest that the new Ertiga will be longer and wider than the outgoing model. Based on Suzuki's Heartect platform, the new Ertiga will have more cabin space. The large overhang at the rear also suggest improved third row space as well as luggage space, compared to the predecessor. The Heartect platform also underpins the new Dzire and this indicates that the new Ertiga will feature a similar dashboard layout and the same materials as well. Expect the top spec versions to get the same touchscreen infotainment system that's available in the new Dzire. The system comes with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto.
The exterior design is expected to feature sharper styling, with a sleeker grille and headlamps. Given the current trend that we've seen in Maruti Suzuki cars, the top spec Ertiga will also get LED DRLs and projector headlamps. The tail lamps are also expected to be LED units. Another visible change in the new Ertiga is the positioning of the rear wiper, which is ow mounted in the centre of the rear glass.
As far as engine options are concerned, Maruti may replace the current, 1.3-litre DDiS engine with an all-new 1.5-litre diesel motor, that's developed in-house. The current 1.4-litre petrol motor will also be available. Expect Maruti Suzuki to offer the choice of a five-speed manual in the beginning, followed by an AMT equipped Ertiga as well.
Image source: Motoroids
Starts Rs 6.18 Lakhs
- NewsDucati concludes first edition of DRE Track Days in India
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga to be launched in India on November 21
- FeaturesWhy the Historic Monaco Grand Prix should be on your bucket list
- NewsMG Motor to launch all-electric SUV in India by 2020
- News2018 Raid de Himalaya: Arindam Saikia of Team Polaris crowned overall winner
- News2019 Kawasaki Z650 launched in India at Rs 5.29 lakh
- FeaturesFHVI's Royal Classic Car Drive to Mysore
- NewsKymco enters the Indian electric scooter market with 22 Motors
- NewsMahindra TUV300 facelift in the works, launch next year
- NewsTata Harrier SUV pre-bookings open at Rs 30,000 across India