Spied: 2018 Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan
The all-new Mercedes-Benz A-Class sedan has been spotted testing in Germany. The A-Class sedan is based on the upcoming A-Class hatchback that is expected to break cover soon, probably in February 2018. Though the test car was heavily camouflaged, a few details were clearly visible. This includes the angular headlamps, multi-spoke alloy wheels and sleek, LED tail lamps.
The wide mesh grille has a large, three-pointed star logo that should give the car a striking face. Expect the top spec A-Class sedan to get a faux, diamonds studded grille, much like what you see in the 2018 Mercedes-Benz CLS. The rear end is compact, however, the boot aperture is wider than the CLA's. Overall, the design looks compact yet proportionate.
The interior will be a direct lift from the new, A-Class hatchback, albeit with different colours and inlays. Mercedes-Benz recently released official images of the new A-Class' interior and it seems to have borrowed cues from Mercedes-Benz's flagship, the S-Class. The steering wheel is new and so are the turbine style, aircon vents. The twin, digital screen layout is in-line with the current crop of Mercedes-Benz cars. The instrument cluster measures 7-inches while the infotainment screen measures 10.25-inches. The car comes with LED mood-lighting, with a choice of 64 colours. The quality of materials are also expected to go up a notch or two. The A-Class' cabin looks a lot more upmarket than the one in the current car.
The new A-Class hatchback and sedan are expected to be roomier than the previous generation car, thanks to the longer wheelbase and bigger dimensions.
The A-Class hatchback is expected to go on sale in February 2018 and the A-Class sedan should follow a few months later.
Starts Rs 29.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 84.7 Lakhs
- News2019 Nissan GT-R prices for the U.S. market announced
- NewsTata Nexon SUV becomes first Indian-origin car to score five-star Global NCAP rating
- NewsShell India and Gordon Murray Design unveil pre-production OX Truck
- News2019 FIA F3 Championship: Jehan Daruvala to drive for Prema Racing
- NewsThe Nissan GT-R50 by Italdesign concept is headed to production in 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV seven-seater version to debut in 2019, one of three major Tata launches next year
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Skoda Scala
- News2019 Skoda Scala premium hatchback unveiled internationally
- NewsSuzuki Motorcycle India crosses the 40 lakh sales milestone
- Review2019 Tata Harrier first drive review