Spied: Audi Q8 spotted testing in India
These are first, clear pictures of the new Audi Q8, a sporty, coupe shaped iteration of Audi's flagship SUV, the Q7. The Audi Q8 concept was showcased at the 2017 North American International Auto Show and the spy pics suggest that the production spec Q8 may carry the same design cues. The raked wind screen and sloping roofline, for instance, is similar to the concept that was showcased.
The SUV was snapped in Mumbai while it was on test. The large, octagonal grille is probably one of the biggest we've seen on an Audi. The headlamps are sleek and we expect Audi to offer a Matrix LED setup. The door handles are conventional instead of the flush units that were seen on the concept. Expect the Q8 to feature frameless doors, as seen on the concept Q8.
Though the test Q8 is heavily camouflaged, you can notice the LED tail lamp and the LED strip the runs across the bootlid.
The cabin is expected to get a slightly different layout, compared to the Q7 and a few additional features. Expect the Audi virtual cockpit to feature in the Q8 as well. We expect Audi to offer a four or five seat configuration.
The concept Q8 is a shade over 5m long and the wheelbase measures 3,000mm. We expect the production variant to measure the same, when it comes to dimensions.
Powertrain options are not known as of now, but we cannot rule out the possibility of Audi introducing a hybrid motor in addition the same diesel engine that powers the Q7.
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.3 Crore
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000