Spied: Audi Q8 spotted testing in India
These are first, clear pictures of the new Audi Q8, a sporty, coupe shaped iteration of Audi's flagship SUV, the Q7. The Audi Q8 concept was showcased at the 2017 North American International Auto Show and the spy pics suggest that the production spec Q8 may carry the same design cues. The raked wind screen and sloping roofline, for instance, is similar to the concept that was showcased.
The SUV was snapped in Mumbai while it was on test. The large, octagonal grille is probably one of the biggest we've seen on an Audi. The headlamps are sleek and we expect Audi to offer a Matrix LED setup. The door handles are conventional instead of the flush units that were seen on the concept. Expect the Q8 to feature frameless doors, as seen on the concept Q8.
Though the test Q8 is heavily camouflaged, you can notice the LED tail lamp and the LED strip the runs across the bootlid.
The cabin is expected to get a slightly different layout, compared to the Q7 and a few additional features. Expect the Audi virtual cockpit to feature in the Q8 as well. We expect Audi to offer a four or five seat configuration.
The concept Q8 is a shade over 5m long and the wheelbase measures 3,000mm. We expect the production variant to measure the same, when it comes to dimensions.
Powertrain options are not known as of now, but we cannot rule out the possibility of Audi introducing a hybrid motor in addition the same diesel engine that powers the Q7.
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.26 Crore
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
- NewsNew Porsche 911 GT3 RS laps the Nurburgring in under 7 minutes
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 prototype spied testing in Italy
- News2018 INRC: Vicky Chandhok to compete in Chennai Rally in a VW Polo R2
- News2018 Honda Amaze showcased in TVC before launch on May 16
- News2018 Tata Nexon AMT bookings open at Rs 11,000 across India
- NewsBMW iX3 Concept teased before Beijing auto show reveal
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez claims dominant win at COTA
- NewsMahindra Electric and Meru to ply eVerito EV cabs in Hyderabad
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 catches attention of Prince William
- NewsMahindra (Ssangyong) G4 Rexton spotted testing in India