Spied: Audi Q8 spotted testing in India
These are first, clear pictures of the new Audi Q8, a sporty, coupe shaped iteration of Audi's flagship SUV, the Q7. The Audi Q8 concept was showcased at the 2017 North American International Auto Show and the spy pics suggest that the production spec Q8 may carry the same design cues. The raked wind screen and sloping roofline, for instance, is similar to the concept that was showcased.
The SUV was snapped in Mumbai while it was on test. The large, octagonal grille is probably one of the biggest we've seen on an Audi. The headlamps are sleek and we expect Audi to offer a Matrix LED setup. The door handles are conventional instead of the flush units that were seen on the concept. Expect the Q8 to feature frameless doors, as seen on the concept Q8.
Though the test Q8 is heavily camouflaged, you can notice the LED tail lamp and the LED strip the runs across the bootlid.
The cabin is expected to get a slightly different layout, compared to the Q7 and a few additional features. Expect the Audi virtual cockpit to feature in the Q8 as well. We expect Audi to offer a four or five seat configuration.
The concept Q8 is a shade over 5m long and the wheelbase measures 3,000mm. We expect the production variant to measure the same, when it comes to dimensions.
Powertrain options are not known as of now, but we cannot rule out the possibility of Audi introducing a hybrid motor in addition the same diesel engine that powers the Q7.
Starts Rs 63.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.3 Crore
Starts Rs 64.06 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness