Spied: BMW G310R caught testing in India
In November 2015, BMW revealed pictures of the G310R which it was jointly developing with TVS Motor. Since then we have revealed everything that you should know about the BMW G310R. Recently, Stefan Schaller, the president and CEO of BMW Motorrad had stated that the company will begin its operations in India by October 2016. Ahead of their arrival on shores, the BMW G310R has been caught testing in India.
These pictures are of the pre-production models that were being tested on the highway connecting Bengaluru and Chennai. The BMW G310R is powered by a 313cc, single-cylinder, liquid cooled and fuel injected engine which is good for 34PS and 28Nm. The engine is mated to a 6-speed constant mesh gearbox. It gets 41mm upside down forks and a preload-adjustable monoshock at the rear. The G310R gets a 300mm front disc and a 240mm rear disc with ABS as standard along with steel-braided brake lines.
According to the terms of the BMW-TVS partnership, BMW Motorrad is taking care of the design and development of the G310R while TVS will be the production partner for India. Once launched, the BMW G310R will compete against the likes of the KTM 390 Duke and the Mahindra Mojo. A couple of months after G310R's launch, TVS will also introduce the first of their motorcycles based on this platform.
Since we already have all the details pertaining to the BMW G310R, the emergence of a spy picture makes no difference to the big picture.
More from OVERDRIVE on the BMW G310R
Starts Rs 3,60,000
Starts Rs 2,35,931
Starts Rs 1,72,020
Starts Rs 3,48,000
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden