Spied: Chevrolet Spin MPV testing in India
Chevrolet's plans for the Indian market were rather discreet with company officials refusing to comment on any development. However recent spy shots suggest that Chevrolet does indeed have a few aces up its sleeves. The Chevrolet Spin MPV has been caught testing in India near GM's Halol plant in Gujarat.
The Chevrolet Spin is a 4.3m long MPV which has a wheelbase of 2,620mm and a 157mm ground clearance. The seven-seater has three rows of seats with seatbelts for all the occupants. GM already sells the MPV in Asia in Indonesia as well as Philippines. The familiar 1.3-litre diesel motor that makes 74PS of power and 190Nm of torque powers the Spin MPV in these countries. A more powerful 108PS 1.5-litre petrol engine can also be ordered. GM uses a five-speed manual and six-speed automatic gearboxes with this engines for the Spin.
Power windows for the first two rows, 60:40 split seats for the second row, modern music system, a fully digital instrument cluster and power adjustable mirrors are some of the key features of the Spin MPV. We believe GM will position this MPV as a personal vehicle rather than a choice of taxi like the Tavera and Enjoy. The two older MPVs, however, will not be phased out and will continue to soldier on (as taxis, mostly).
Image source: Team-bhp
Team OD | 14 Feb 2019
- NewsHonda CBR650R bookings open in India, to be priced under Rs 8 lakh
- News2020 Range Rover Evoque spied in India
- News2019 Geneva Motor Show: 2020 Ssangyong Korando SUV revealed
- NewsMG Motor to launch eZS electric SUV in India by end-2019
- NewsNew-gen Nissan Livina MPV is a rival to Maruti Suzuki Ertiga and Honda BR-V
- The Forum Art Gallery Residency
- The Hindu Photojournalism Awards
- Book Review: The Red Cat and Other Stories | Ritesh Uttamchandani