Spied: Chevrolet Spin MPV testing in India
Chevrolet's plans for the Indian market were rather discreet with company officials refusing to comment on any development. However recent spy shots suggest that Chevrolet does indeed have a few aces up its sleeves. The Chevrolet Spin MPV has been caught testing in India near GM's Halol plant in Gujarat.
The Chevrolet Spin is a 4.3m long MPV which has a wheelbase of 2,620mm and a 157mm ground clearance. The seven-seater has three rows of seats with seatbelts for all the occupants. GM already sells the MPV in Asia in Indonesia as well as Philippines. The familiar 1.3-litre diesel motor that makes 74PS of power and 190Nm of torque powers the Spin MPV in these countries. A more powerful 108PS 1.5-litre petrol engine can also be ordered. GM uses a five-speed manual and six-speed automatic gearboxes with this engines for the Spin.
Power windows for the first two rows, 60:40 split seats for the second row, modern music system, a fully digital instrument cluster and power adjustable mirrors are some of the key features of the Spin MPV. We believe GM will position this MPV as a personal vehicle rather than a choice of taxi like the Tavera and Enjoy. The two older MPVs, however, will not be phased out and will continue to soldier on (as taxis, mostly).
Image source: Team-bhp
Team OD | 20 Aug 2018
- NewsHonda Amaze sells over 30,000 units in three months
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift: Here's everything you need to know
- NewsMitsubishi seeks to increase footprint across segments, to launch the Eclipse Cross and Xpander in India
- NewsImage gallery: Maruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift launch
- NewsFord India to focus on facelifts and Mahindra JV products until 2020
- News2019 BMW Z4 official photos leaked ahead of reveal
- FeaturesProduct review: Daytona TransOpen GTX Boot
- NewsWRC 2018: Victory at Rallye Deutschland for Ott Tanak
- NewsHonda crosses 1 crore two-wheeler sales in Maharashtra, Gujarat, and Goa combined
- News2018 Tata Tigor JTP spied with twin barrel exhaust