Spied Dominar 400 ADV is not the Bajaj Dominar 400 ADV
You might have come across an article about a modified Dominar 400 on the internet that looks like an ADV offering by Bajaj Auto. Well, it's not. Pune-based motorcycle customization brand, Autologue has already made a kit for the Dominar called the Domivel. And now they have designed an ADV-styled body kit called the TourX that can be installed on the existing Dominar without major modifications to the overall structure.
As seen from the images, the Dominar 400 TourX kit consists of a bash plate, windscreen and a higher positioned fender. This kit is priced at approximately Rs 10,000. In addition, there is a luggage mounting rack along with a backrest that makes the TourX kit more premium by Rs 6-8,000. The options list also includes tank grip and scratch protection. The overall weight of the Dominar 500, after the installation of this kit, will go up by 5kg.
There is no official word on how this kit will be distributed or sold in the market. Early this year, Bajaj Auto had updated the Dominar 400 with new paint schemes without any mechanical changes. The Dominar 400 is powered by a 373cc, liquid-cooled single cylinder engine that was developed along with the KTM 390 Duke's engine. The Dominar 400 employs Bajaj Auto's patented DTS-i technology over the KTM engine and uses triple spark plugs to improve combustion. Its outputs stand at 35PS and 35Nm and the six-speed gearbox the engine is mated to uses a slipper clutch. The Bajaj Dominar 400 retails at Rs 1.42 lakh and 1.56 lakh ex-showroom New Delhi, for the non-ABS and ABS versions respectively.
Starts Rs 1,49,045
Starts Rs 2,35,931
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019