Spied Dominar 400 ADV is not the Bajaj Dominar 400 ADV
You might have come across an article about a modified Dominar 400 on the internet that looks like an ADV offering by Bajaj Auto. Well, it's not. Pune-based motorcycle customization brand, Autologue has already made a kit for the Dominar called the Domivel. And now they have designed an ADV-styled body kit called the TourX that can be installed on the existing Dominar without major modifications to the overall structure.
As seen from the images, the Dominar 400 TourX kit consists of a bash plate, windscreen and a higher positioned fender. This kit is priced at approximately Rs 10,000. In addition, there is a luggage mounting rack along with a backrest that makes the TourX kit more premium by Rs 6-8,000. The options list also includes tank grip and scratch protection. The overall weight of the Dominar 500, after the installation of this kit, will go up by 5kg.
There is no official word on how this kit will be distributed or sold in the market. Early this year, Bajaj Auto had updated the Dominar 400 with new paint schemes without any mechanical changes. The Dominar 400 is powered by a 373cc, liquid-cooled single cylinder engine that was developed along with the KTM 390 Duke's engine. The Dominar 400 employs Bajaj Auto's patented DTS-i technology over the KTM engine and uses triple spark plugs to improve combustion. Its outputs stand at 35PS and 35Nm and the six-speed gearbox the engine is mated to uses a slipper clutch. The Bajaj Dominar 400 retails at Rs 1.42 lakh and 1.56 lakh ex-showroom New Delhi, for the non-ABS and ABS versions respectively.
Starts Rs 1,42,109
Starts Rs 2,35,931
- NewsKTM RC200 now available with a black colour option
- NewsNext-generation Mercedes-Benz CLS 300d to launch in India during the festive season
- FeaturesImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG C43 sedan and coupe
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus 9-seater SUV launched in India at Rs 9.47 lakh
- FeaturesAll you need to know: New Mercedes-Benz C-Class
- NewsMercedes-Benz set to launch new C-Class range in October
- NewsTriumph India announces second edition of Tiger Trails Spiti
- NewsBreaking: Audi and Hyundai to collaborate on fuel cell technology development for cars
- NewsImage gallery: Facelifted 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class gets an updated C 220d diesel variant
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C200 petrol facelift breaks cover