Spied: Ducati Scrambler 400 caught testing in Italy
Italian publication Motociclismo has snapped pictures of what looks like the Ducati Scrambler with a lower capacity engine. Ducati is expected to introduce a 400cc L-Twin engine in the Scrambler that will improve the accessibility of the motorcycle, price wise. The engine could produce 40-45PS, but for now that's a speculation. Currently, the Scrambler gets a 803cc engine that produces 75PS.
The Scrambler in the image gets a conventional front fork and circular mirrors. Besides, these differences, the Ducati Scrambler 400 looks like its elder sibling. The alloy wheels and grippy Pirellis are borrowed from the 803cc Scrambler too. That's a good thing and contrary to perception, the block tread tyres offer great confidence on tarmac too. The exhaust unit on the prototype looks like an aftermarket job and we expect the final production unit to sport a better finish.
Ducati may launch the Scrambler 400 in India soon after its global launch. It could sport a price tag of about Rs 4 to 4.5 lakh.
The Ducati Scrambler, when launched, was well received for its versatile, on-off road abilities and involving nature. Our resident motorcycle man, Ashok George has sung praises from the mountain tops (He recently got back after a Himalayan roadtrip) and it has certainly established itself as a capable motorcycle. With the Scrambler 400, Ducati will aim at reaching out to a wider audience.
Watch this space for more on the Ducati Scrambler 400 that may debut at the 2015 EICMA in Milan.
Starts Rs 7,33,000
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept