Spied: Ford Figo Aspire compact sedan in Mumbai
Ford has just showcased the Figo Aspire, its compact sedan at the inauguration of its new plant in Sanand. While there are reports that the launch is slotted for June this year, we have clear spy shots that suggest it's a lot closer than that.
What you see here is a photoshoot for a commercial of the new Ford Figo Aspire compact sedan. The shoot was happening in Navi Mumbai and is a clear indication that the latest launch from Ford is really close. Actor Farhan Akhtar was seen driving the car and will be the] brand ambassador for the car.
Ford is likely to offer the Figo Aspire with three engine options. There could be a 1.2- as well as 1.5-litre petrol engine along with a 1.5-litre diesel. The 90PS 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines could be a straight lift from the Ecosport, however, it could be slightly retuned to draw more power. There would also be altered gearing and ratios. While the manual transmission will be standard, Ford may also offer the 6-speed dual clutch transmission on the higher variants of the 1.5-litre petrol engine. Bluetooth connectivity, Sync as well as many other features from the Ecosport will find their way into the Ford Figo Aspire.
On the safety front, it is likely that Ford will offer ABS as standard on all trims except for the base. There will be six airbags in the top variants. Expect Ford to price the new Figo Aspire very competitively. It will rival other compact sedans in the segment such as the Tata Zest, Maruti Swift Dzire, Hyundai Xcent and the Honda Amaze.
More stories on the Ford Figo Aspire
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship