Spied: Ford Figo Aspire compact sedan in Mumbai
Ford has just showcased the Figo Aspire, its compact sedan at the inauguration of its new plant in Sanand. While there are reports that the launch is slotted for June this year, we have clear spy shots that suggest it's a lot closer than that.
What you see here is a photoshoot for a commercial of the new Ford Figo Aspire compact sedan. The shoot was happening in Navi Mumbai and is a clear indication that the latest launch from Ford is really close. Actor Farhan Akhtar was seen driving the car and will be the] brand ambassador for the car.
Ford is likely to offer the Figo Aspire with three engine options. There could be a 1.2- as well as 1.5-litre petrol engine along with a 1.5-litre diesel. The 90PS 1.5-litre petrol and diesel engines could be a straight lift from the Ecosport, however, it could be slightly retuned to draw more power. There would also be altered gearing and ratios. While the manual transmission will be standard, Ford may also offer the 6-speed dual clutch transmission on the higher variants of the 1.5-litre petrol engine. Bluetooth connectivity, Sync as well as many other features from the Ecosport will find their way into the Ford Figo Aspire.
On the safety front, it is likely that Ford will offer ABS as standard on all trims except for the base. There will be six airbags in the top variants. Expect Ford to price the new Figo Aspire very competitively. It will rival other compact sedans in the segment such as the Tata Zest, Maruti Swift Dzire, Hyundai Xcent and the Honda Amaze.
More stories on the Ford Figo Aspire
Starts Rs 5.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
Team OD | 13 Jun 2018
Team OD | 11 Jun 2018
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 1000 launched in India at Rs 9.99 lakh
- NewsAutomobile events this week: June 18 - 24
- NewsMotoGP 2018 : Jorge Lorenzo wins the Catalan GP
- NewsAudi global CEO Rupert Stadler arrested over Dieselgate scandal
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four meter SUV test mule spotted
- NewsRoyal Enfield unveils three new 650 parallel twin-based custom motorcycles at Wheels and Waves 2018
- NewsMercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launched in India at Rs 2.55 crore (ex showroom India)
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-AMG S63 Coupe launch in India
- NewsHonda and Delhi Police educate 1,000 kids about road safety awareness
- NewsIsuzu introduces X-Power variants of the D-Max and the MU-X