Spied: Ford Figo Aspire facelift snapped ahead of launch in India
The upcoming Ford Figo Aspire facelift has been snapped at a dealer's stockyard, albeit wrapped in camouflage. That said, there are few details that are clearly visible, indicating what the refreshed Ford Figo Aspire as well as the Ford Figo would look like.
The changes to the front-end include a new grille that gets a hexagonal shaped mesh instead of the chrome, Aston Martin esque grille on the current Figo Aspire. The front bumper also receives a few tweaks including a slightly narrower airdam at the bottom. While we do not have a shot of the rear end of the car, expect minor changes to the rear bumper and the bootlid.
The interior, as is visible in the image, looks identical to the one in the recently launched Ford Freestyle. There's a floating, touchscreen infotainment system on the piano finish centre console that replaces a plethora of buttons. The black and beige interior colour is similar to the outgoing model but on the whole, these changes should make the cabin of the Figos feels contemporary.
We also expect Ford to plonk in the new 1.2-litre, Dragon petrol motor that debuted in the new EcoSport. This three-cylinder unit produces class-leading, 96PS and 120Nm and will replace the existing 1.2-litre Ti-VCT petrol motor. Ford could also provide the 1.5-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol motor that develops 123PS and 150Nm in a special, S variant of the Figo and Figo Aspire, sometime in the future. Ford will continue to offer the same 1.5-litre TDCi diesel motor in the facelifted Figo and Figo Aspire as well.
Given the competitive pricing of the Ford Freestyle expect Ford to price the Figo and Figo Aspire at a competitive price point as wel'. The Figo Aspire will go up against the new Honda Amaze and Maruti Suzuki Dzire.
Starts Rs 5.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.1 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- NewsFour-wheeler launches that took place in India during COVID19
- News2020 MG ZS facelift revealed internationally
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block