Spied: Ford Figo Aspire facelift snapped ahead of launch in India
The upcoming Ford Figo Aspire facelift has been snapped at a dealer's stockyard, albeit wrapped in camouflage. That said, there are few details that are clearly visible, indicating what the refreshed Ford Figo Aspire as well as the Ford Figo would look like.
The changes to the front-end include a new grille that gets a hexagonal shaped mesh instead of the chrome, Aston Martin esque grille on the current Figo Aspire. The front bumper also receives a few tweaks including a slightly narrower airdam at the bottom. While we do not have a shot of the rear end of the car, expect minor changes to the rear bumper and the bootlid.
The interior, as is visible in the image, looks identical to the one in the recently launched Ford Freestyle. There's a floating, touchscreen infotainment system on the piano finish centre console that replaces a plethora of buttons. The black and beige interior colour is similar to the outgoing model but on the whole, these changes should make the cabin of the Figos feels contemporary.
We also expect Ford to plonk in the new 1.2-litre, Dragon petrol motor that debuted in the new EcoSport. This three-cylinder unit produces class-leading, 96PS and 120Nm and will replace the existing 1.2-litre Ti-VCT petrol motor. Ford could also provide the 1.5-litre, three-cylinder, naturally aspirated petrol motor that develops 123PS and 150Nm in a special, S variant of the Figo and Figo Aspire, sometime in the future. Ford will continue to offer the same 1.5-litre TDCi diesel motor in the facelifted Figo and Figo Aspire as well.
Given the competitive pricing of the Ford Freestyle expect Ford to price the Figo and Figo Aspire at a competitive price point as wel'. The Figo Aspire will go up against the new Honda Amaze and Maruti Suzuki Dzire.
Starts Rs 5.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.09 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.81 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.45 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show