Spied: Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback testing in India
The Ford Mustang has finally hit our shores. The American muscle car was spotted at the ARAI in Pune, Maharashtra where it was undergoing tests. Ford has brought in the 5-litre V8 powered GT Premium Fastback and not the inline 4-cylinder EcoBoost that's been recently introduced in the Mustang. The V8 engine produces 435PS and a whopping 542Nm of torque.
The car looks ravishing in this shade of orange and the fastback styling is definitely a head turner. The Ford Mustang GT Premium Fastback in these pictures is equipped with a 6-speed SelectShift automatic transmission. The automatic trim also gets you paddle shifters and it should make the drive more entertaining. Internationally, the car also gets a 6-speed manual but it's not confirmed if that's making it to India.
The Ford Mustang gets automatic HID headlamps as standard. LED fog lamps and sequential LED tail lamps also come as standard fitment. The car gets a rear diffuser too. The Ford Mustang gets leather trimmed front seats with six way power adjustments and an India-friendly cooling and heating function. The driver's seat also gets a power lumbar support adjustment. The rear seats are the kind that feature 50:50 split folding.
The car comes with dual front air bags for the driver and passenger as well as curtain and knee bags. In addition, Ford has also pioneered the concept of the Active Glove Box that features an injection moulded airbag integrated into the glove box. Tyre pressure monitoring also comes as standard.
Ford has not revealed the prices yet but we expect the car to sport an on-road price of Rs 60-70 lakh for the Mustang GT Premium Fastback model.
Can you spot the Endeavour in the image?
Besides the Mustang, Ford India is set to launch new models beginning with the Ford Figo Aspire that should be in showrooms by next month. The image above also shows the upcoming Ford Endeavour (sold as the Everest globally) in the top right hand corner.
Starts Rs 71.62 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.82 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.49 Lakhs
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers
- NewsHero MotoCorp re-enters used two-wheeler business with Hero Sure in India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ciaz facelift to get more safety features
- NewsTata Nexon compact SUV crosses the 50,000 production mark
- NewsAutomobili Pininfarina PF0 all-electric concept hypercar interior revealed
- NewsPorsche Panamera Turbo S E-Hybrid sets lap records at six racetracks including BIC
- NewsMercedes-Benz India and its dealers donate Rs 30 lakh to the CM's relief fund in Kerala
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally