Spied: Heavily disguised 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 spotted testing
A heavily camouflaged 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 test mule was recently spotted in India. It was so heavily disguised that you can hardly tell what the changes are. But our guesses are at the front the 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 will get a new bumper with an updated version of Hyundai's signature hexagonal grille, new headlamps and a mildly revised bonnet design. Moving over to the side, the biggest change (and may be the only one) to the new Elite i20 will be the new wheels we see in these images it gets a design that is similar to the one on the new Hyundai Xcent, but with more spokes.
The test mule seems to be running Apollo Alnac tyres, which the current-gen Hyundai Elite i20 also uses. Again, the heavy camouflage doesn't allow us to identify any major changes to the rear, except for the repositioning of the number plate it is now on the bootlid instead of the bumper. It's the same case with the interior, which was completely covered.
In terms of the engines, the 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 is expected to retain the current-gen units. If that is the case, then the petrol options will be an 83PS/114.74Nm 1.2-litre engine with a 5-speed manual or 100PS/132.4Nm 1.4-litre engine with a 4-speed automatic. The diesel variant will be powered by a 90PS/219.67Nm 1.4-litre turbocharged engine with a 6-speed manual.
Image source: www.motorbeam.com
Starts Rs 5.43 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19
- NewsProduction Toyota Supra leaked ahead of debut at 2019 Detroit Motor Show
- News2019 Kawasaki KLX140G launched in India at Rs 4.06 lakh
- NewsNissan India launches Happy with Nissan service camp, valid till December 24
- NewsTata Tiago XZ+ top-spec variant launched at Rs 5.57 lakh
- NewsSpec comparison: Nissan Kicks vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra Scorpio