Spied: Heavily disguised 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 spotted testing
A heavily camouflaged 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 test mule was recently spotted in India. It was so heavily disguised that you can hardly tell what the changes are. But our guesses are at the front the 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 will get a new bumper with an updated version of Hyundai's signature hexagonal grille, new headlamps and a mildly revised bonnet design. Moving over to the side, the biggest change (and may be the only one) to the new Elite i20 will be the new wheels we see in these images it gets a design that is similar to the one on the new Hyundai Xcent, but with more spokes.
The test mule seems to be running Apollo Alnac tyres, which the current-gen Hyundai Elite i20 also uses. Again, the heavy camouflage doesn't allow us to identify any major changes to the rear, except for the repositioning of the number plate it is now on the bootlid instead of the bumper. It's the same case with the interior, which was completely covered.
In terms of the engines, the 2018 Hyundai Elite i20 is expected to retain the current-gen units. If that is the case, then the petrol options will be an 83PS/114.74Nm 1.2-litre engine with a 5-speed manual or 100PS/132.4Nm 1.4-litre engine with a 4-speed automatic. The diesel variant will be powered by a 90PS/219.67Nm 1.4-litre turbocharged engine with a 6-speed manual.
Image source: www.motorbeam.com
Starts Rs 5.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.46 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works
- News2018 Ford Figo sedan revealed in South Africa