Spied: Honda Mobilio snapped at production line in India
Honda India will most likely launch the Mobilio MPV in the third quarter of 2014. The car had its global premiere at the Indonesian International Motor Show which was held in September last year, with the MPV making its Indian debut at the 2014 Auto Expo earlier this year. A spy picture from a blog suggests that Honda has started manufacturing the car at its Greater Noida plant. The car snapped is the V variant in diesel guise.
The Mobilio spied on the production line could very well be the world's first diesel iteration of the MPV. The Mobilio has dimensions of 4386mmx1683mmx1603mm (LxWxH). This means that it won't be a part of the under 4-metre group that is liable for excise duty benefits in India.
It is likely that Honda may plonk the powerful 118PS 1.5-litre i-VTEC or even the 88PS 1.2-litre engine in the Mobilio petrol. The 118PS motor will be for the enthusiasts while the smaller engine will be for those looking for high fuel efficiency. The diesel powerplant will be the tried and tested 100PS 1.5l i-DTEC which claims a fuel efficiency of around 25kmpl. The petrol variant will have a choice of five-speed manual and auto transmissions while the diesel may have a five-or six-speed manual. Expect the Mobilio to be reasonably spacious with a very low loading lip for the luggage.
The Mobilio squares off against the Maruti Ertiga and Chevrolet Enjoy and we are expecting Honda to price it very competitively.
[Image Credit: theautomotiveindia.com]
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
- ReviewComparison test: 2020 Honda City vs Hyundai Verna
- NewsBMW Motorrad begins testing 2020 G 310 GS and G 310 R BSVI in India
- NewsBGauss launches two new electric scooters A2 and B8, prices start from Rs 50,000
- NewsYamaha Tenere 700 Rally Edition is a retro tribute to the 80s Paris Dakar machine
- News2020 Honda WR-V facelift launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.50 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block