Spied: Hyundai Carlino compact SUV spotted testing in India
The Hyundai Carlino, sub-four metre SUV has been spotted testing India. Wrapped in camouflage, Hyundai India's upcoming compact SUV will mark the company's foray into the burgeoning segment, currently dominated by the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The Hyundai Carlino concept was first showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo in Noida but going by the spy images, the production variant is nowhere near what the concept looked like. Nevertheless, going by Hyundai's current designs, the Carlino is expected to follow the same design theme.
The large, cascading grille is a typical Hyundai design while the placement of the projector headlamps and LED DRLs is similar to the new Hyundai Santa Fe. The side profile also seems to have been inspired from the Hyundai Creta, judging by the window line. Also, notice the satin finish roof rails that should be included in the production spec Carlino. The diamond cut alloy wheels look quite large, suggesting they could be 16-inch wheels. The rear end is heavily camouflaged but we expect it to feature similar design cues as the Hyundai Creta.
Expect the interior to feature a dual tone theme, like the i20 and Creta and we won't be surprised to see a few switches/buttons to resemble the ones in the aforementioned cars. As is the case with all Hyundais, expect a laundry list of features to compete against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon.
While the powertrain details haven't been revealed, we expect Hyundai to offer the Carlino with a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.4-litre diesel engine. Transmission options may include six-speed manual/ automatic. The possibility of Hyundai offering an AMT cannot be ruled out.
Hyundai seems to be in advanced stages of developing the Carlino and we expect it to go on sale in India, sometime next year. Stay tuned for all updates.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- NewsIndian FTR 1200 launched in India at Rs 14.99 lakh, deliveries April 2019 onwards
- NewsLive updates: 2019 India-spec Nissan Kicks
- NewsImage gallery: India-spec 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV interior
- News2019 Honda CB1000R+, Gold Wing Tour DCT, CBR1000RR Fireblade and CBR1000RR Fireblade SP launched in India
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Racing M5Electro Formula E electric race car
- NewsMahindra Racing's M5Electro Formula E electric racecar debuts in India ahead of 2019 season opener
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices across range from January 1, 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki registers five lakh cumulative CNG vehicle sales in India
- NewsTeams from Varanasi, Delhi and Vellore win Shell Eco Marathon India
- NewsMcLaren 720S Spider convertible revealed, locks horns with Ferrari 488