Spied: Hyundai Carlino compact SUV spotted testing in India
The Hyundai Carlino, sub-four metre SUV has been spotted testing India. Wrapped in camouflage, Hyundai India's upcoming compact SUV will mark the company's foray into the burgeoning segment, currently dominated by the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza. The Hyundai Carlino concept was first showcased at the 2016 Auto Expo in Noida but going by the spy images, the production variant is nowhere near what the concept looked like. Nevertheless, going by Hyundai's current designs, the Carlino is expected to follow the same design theme.
The large, cascading grille is a typical Hyundai design while the placement of the projector headlamps and LED DRLs is similar to the new Hyundai Santa Fe. The side profile also seems to have been inspired from the Hyundai Creta, judging by the window line. Also, notice the satin finish roof rails that should be included in the production spec Carlino. The diamond cut alloy wheels look quite large, suggesting they could be 16-inch wheels. The rear end is heavily camouflaged but we expect it to feature similar design cues as the Hyundai Creta.
Expect the interior to feature a dual tone theme, like the i20 and Creta and we won't be surprised to see a few switches/buttons to resemble the ones in the aforementioned cars. As is the case with all Hyundais, expect a laundry list of features to compete against the likes of the Maruti Suzuki Vitara Brezza, Tata Nexon.
While the powertrain details haven't been revealed, we expect Hyundai to offer the Carlino with a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.4-litre diesel engine. Transmission options may include six-speed manual/ automatic. The possibility of Hyundai offering an AMT cannot be ruled out.
Hyundai seems to be in advanced stages of developing the Carlino and we expect it to go on sale in India, sometime next year. Stay tuned for all updates.
Starts Rs 9.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 6.36 Lakhs
- NewsFAME 2: Electric 3- and 4-wheelers need to produce public transport permit to claim incentive benefits
- NewsJaguar Land Rover wins case against Jiangling Motors over Evoque copy
- NewsToyota Kirloskar Motor increases dependency on renewable sources of energy, results in 51,000 tons of Co2 reduction
- NewsPrices of Renault Kwid hatchback to be hiked by three per cent from April 1 2019
- NewsMaruti Suzuki's new six-speed transmission spotted
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip