Spied: India-bound 2017 Honda CR-V caught testing in China
The India-bound 2017 Honda CR-V has been spotted testing in China. The car now seems to be closer to its final production form. With a light camouflage, it is possible to discern the car's final shape.
The Honda CR-V will be launched in China in mid-2017 and will be manufactured by its Chinese arm, Dongfeng-Honda. The car sports styling cues from the new generation Civic and will be built on the same new lightweight platform as that of the Civic. The CR-V retains the trademark design cues of newer Hondas, the single piece chrome front grill with LED headlamps, being one of them. The rear will now incorporate a new light cluster, which forms an 'L' and becomes part of the body by stretching outwards, away from the centre.
It is likely that the new CR-V will retain the chrome garnish around the windows, as it has been a part of the CR-V line-up for the past two generations. The moderately flared wheel arches and the front bumper which moves up to meet the receding bonnet, give the new CR-V a more muscular appearance. The roof is dominated by the glass sunroof and while it is much bigger than that of the current generation's sunroof, it is unclear as yet as to how much of the roof will open.
The car will be powered a 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol VTEC engines while there will also be a 1.6-litre diesel i-DTEC engine. The car will likely be all-wheel drive and have both automatic and manual transmission options.
The new Honda CR-V will be launched in India in the second half of 2017, with a global release expected to happen in the coming months. The first country that will begin selling the next generation CR-V will be the United States, where sales will begin early in 2017.
Starts Rs 28.15 Lakhs
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Porsche Cayenne launch in India
- NewsBMW X7 SUV teased before debut later this month at LA
- NewsProduction-spec Tata Harrier SUV side profile revealed