Spied: India-bound 2017 Honda CR-V caught testing in China
The India-bound 2017 Honda CR-V has been spotted testing in China. The car now seems to be closer to its final production form. With a light camouflage, it is possible to discern the car's final shape.
The Honda CR-V will be launched in China in mid-2017 and will be manufactured by its Chinese arm, Dongfeng-Honda. The car sports styling cues from the new generation Civic and will be built on the same new lightweight platform as that of the Civic. The CR-V retains the trademark design cues of newer Hondas, the single piece chrome front grill with LED headlamps, being one of them. The rear will now incorporate a new light cluster, which forms an 'L' and becomes part of the body by stretching outwards, away from the centre.
It is likely that the new CR-V will retain the chrome garnish around the windows, as it has been a part of the CR-V line-up for the past two generations. The moderately flared wheel arches and the front bumper which moves up to meet the receding bonnet, give the new CR-V a more muscular appearance. The roof is dominated by the glass sunroof and while it is much bigger than that of the current generation's sunroof, it is unclear as yet as to how much of the roof will open.
The car will be powered a 1.5-litre and 2.0-litre turbocharged petrol VTEC engines while there will also be a 1.6-litre diesel i-DTEC engine. The car will likely be all-wheel drive and have both automatic and manual transmission options.
The new Honda CR-V will be launched in India in the second half of 2017, with a global release expected to happen in the coming months. The first country that will begin selling the next generation CR-V will be the United States, where sales will begin early in 2017.
Starts Rs 22.29 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic