Spied: India-bound Jeep Compass without camouflage
The car spotted was the Limited Edition, hinting at several unique styling cues like the roof line which has a chrome strip running across the sides, meeting at the rear under the windshield. The roof is of a different colour too indicating that there may be dual-colour options on this top-end variant.
In addition to this, the Jeep Compass features some trademark styling elements, such as the squared-off wheel arches, large alloy wheels and the front grill with chrome inserts that have become synonymous with the company's vehicles in the recent past. It looks like a more rounded version of its bigger brother, the Grand Cherokee.
Upfront, the headlight cluster has DRLs and projector headlamps which taper off on the sides of the car. The rear features a wrap-around cluster with DRL elements and a roof coloured spoiler.
For the Brazilian market, it will be available with two engine options, a 2.0-litre flex-fuel and a 2.0-litre MultiJet diesel engine. Power output is expected to be around 160PS for both the engines. The diesel engine will be mated to the 9-speed ZF automatic gearbox while the former will get a 6-speed automatic as well as a manual transmission option. It will be launched in India sometime in 2017 and will be produced at the FCA plant in Ranjangaon, Maharashtra.
Jeep entered the Indian market just last month and sales have begun with the launch of its first showroom in Ahmedabad. They are opening showrooms in Delhi and Chennai in September, followed by a showroom in Mumbai in October. They also have plans of opening showrooms in Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Kochi and Hyderabad thereafter. As of now, the company retails the Jeep Wrangler, Grand Cherokee and the SRT here. More Jeep SUVs are expected next year.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsVinales secures pole position for 2018 MotoGP season finale in Valencia, Marquez qualifies fifth despite crash
- News2018 JK NRC: Nayan Chatterjee and Karthik Tharani take Euro JK 18 championship down to the wire
- Review2018 TVS Radeon road test review
- News2018 Mahindra Alturas G4: Preliminary image gallery
- NewsVinod Dasari resigns as MD and CEO of Ashok Leyland
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019