Spied: India-bound Jeep Compass without camouflage
The car spotted was the Limited Edition, hinting at several unique styling cues like the roof line which has a chrome strip running across the sides, meeting at the rear under the windshield. The roof is of a different colour too indicating that there may be dual-colour options on this top-end variant.
In addition to this, the Jeep Compass features some trademark styling elements, such as the squared-off wheel arches, large alloy wheels and the front grill with chrome inserts that have become synonymous with the company's vehicles in the recent past. It looks like a more rounded version of its bigger brother, the Grand Cherokee.
Upfront, the headlight cluster has DRLs and projector headlamps which taper off on the sides of the car. The rear features a wrap-around cluster with DRL elements and a roof coloured spoiler.
For the Brazilian market, it will be available with two engine options, a 2.0-litre flex-fuel and a 2.0-litre MultiJet diesel engine. Power output is expected to be around 160PS for both the engines. The diesel engine will be mated to the 9-speed ZF automatic gearbox while the former will get a 6-speed automatic as well as a manual transmission option. It will be launched in India sometime in 2017 and will be produced at the FCA plant in Ranjangaon, Maharashtra.
Jeep entered the Indian market just last month and sales have begun with the launch of its first showroom in Ahmedabad. They are opening showrooms in Delhi and Chennai in September, followed by a showroom in Mumbai in October. They also have plans of opening showrooms in Bengaluru, Chandigarh, Kochi and Hyderabad thereafter. As of now, the company retails the Jeep Wrangler, Grand Cherokee and the SRT here. More Jeep SUVs are expected next year.
Starts Rs 15.35 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 56 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed