Spied: India-bound TVS-BMW 300cc motorcycle testing
Back in 2013, when TVS-BMW announced their tie-up, they made it clear that a small capacity motorcycle born out of the alliance will be in markets by 2015. Here is the first look of the new 300cc motorcycle from the partners.
Codenamed K03, the new motorcycle is said to sport a four-stroke, water-cooled single-cylinder engine that's expected to make around 40PS of power. A six-speed transmission will be mated to this powerplant. The motorcycle looks very similar to the Draken concept showcased by TVS at the 2014 Auto Expo.
A naked street motorcycle, the K03 has a single projector up ahead with chunky indicators flanking it. Visordown say that their photographer saw Michelin rubber on the alloys and that the engine has a back-to-front cylinder design akin to the Yamaha YZ450F. A single disc at the front and rear helps with braking. And then, a lone side slung exhaust also makes its way. Another noteworthy feature is the use of upside down forks at the front.
The motorcycle spied is said to be a BMW version and will be kitted with ABS and other electronic gizmos. The TVS badged motorcycle will cater to low-cost markets like ours and is expected to have at least ABS as an option. The K03 will compete with the Z250 and 390 in our markets when it's launched. Expect it to be priced around Rs 2 lakh.
Image source: Visordown
Starts Rs 3,08,000
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha MT-09 Tracer and MT-09 Tracer GT
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Stinger concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Tamo Racemo showcased, image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Honda Civic