Spied: Jeep Compass spotted testing in India ahead of August launch
The India-bound Jeep Compass was spotted testing here again under camouflage. The SUV is set to go on sale in India this August and, as we told you earlier, it will come at an introductory price of Rs 16 lakh (ex-showroom). At this price, the Compass manages to undercut its closest rival, the Hyundai Tucson, by around Rs 2 lakh. However, since this is just the introductory price, we expect the prices to go up eventually. Jeep will be able to price the Compass this competitively because the brand will build the car here in India at its Ranjangaon plant with high levels of localisation.
Although these test mules have quite a bit of camouflage, we already know how the car looks since it was unveiled last September. The Jeep Compass will be introduced in India with three trims Sport, Longitude and Limited. It will be available in front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive variants, but unfortunately Jeep will not launch the Trail-Rated Trailhawk variant in India. That said, expect the Jeep Compass to be quite capable off-road nonetheless.
The Jeep Compass is expected to come with two engine options a 165PS/350Nm 2.0-litre Multijet diesel and a 1.4-litre turbocharged MultiAir petrol. The transmission options will probably include a 6-speed manual or a 9-speed automatic.
Starts Rs 15.6 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18.75 Lakhs
- NewsTravellers can now travel to Uttarakhand, Goa and Himachal Pradesh, have to follow guidelines
- NewsCEAT launches GoSafe S95 Face Masks, forays into personal protective equipment business
- News2020 Audi RS7 Sportback to be launched in India on July 16
- NewsHero MotoCorp gives 100 scooters to women police officers of Gorakhpur Police Department
- NewsRenault Kwid RXL 1.0L launched at Rs.4.16 lakh in India
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block