Spied: Jeep Compass spotted testing in India ahead of August launch
The India-bound Jeep Compass was spotted testing here again under camouflage. The SUV is set to go on sale in India this August and, as we told you earlier, it will come at an introductory price of Rs 16 lakh (ex-showroom). At this price, the Compass manages to undercut its closest rival, the Hyundai Tucson, by around Rs 2 lakh. However, since this is just the introductory price, we expect the prices to go up eventually. Jeep will be able to price the Compass this competitively because the brand will build the car here in India at its Ranjangaon plant with high levels of localisation.
Although these test mules have quite a bit of camouflage, we already know how the car looks since it was unveiled last September. The Jeep Compass will be introduced in India with three trims Sport, Longitude and Limited. It will be available in front-wheel-drive and all-wheel-drive variants, but unfortunately Jeep will not launch the Trail-Rated Trailhawk variant in India. That said, expect the Jeep Compass to be quite capable off-road nonetheless.
The Jeep Compass is expected to come with two engine options a 165PS/350Nm 2.0-litre Multijet diesel and a 1.4-litre turbocharged MultiAir petrol. The transmission options will probably include a 6-speed manual or a 9-speed automatic.
Starts Rs 14.95 Lakhs
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids
- News721PS/770Nm Ferrari 488 Pista comes with the most powerful V8 built by the company
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden