Spied: Jeep Renegade spotted testing in India
Earlier this year, Jeep showcased the Wrangler Unlimited, Grand Cherokee and the Grand Cherokee SRT at the 2016 Auto Expo. And now the American SUV brand might be contemplating bringing the portfolio starter, the Renegade SUV in India.
Avid OVERDRIVE reader Girish Harke has sent images of camouflaged test vehicles doing rounds near Fiat's plant in Ranjangaon, Pune. The Jeep Renegade sold globally is offered with four MultiAir petrol and two MultiJet II diesel engines. There is also an option of a flex-fuel EtorQ engine. The transmission options include a 5- and 6-speed manual gearbox, 6-speed dual clutch automatic and a 9-speed automatic. If and when FCA launch it in India, the Renegade will most likely skip the EtorQ motor.
Some of the premium features offered in the Jeep Renegade are 8-way powered front seats, electric panoramic sunroof, dual zone climate control, 7-inch colour TFT instrumental cluster, adaptive cruise control, 18-inch alloy wheels and six airbags.
This is not the first time that the Jeep Renegade has been spotted testing in India. Also, the popularity of SUVs in India might encourage FCA to launch it here. We expect the Jeep Renegade to be priced at sub-Rs 20 lakh price bracket where it will compete with the Mahindra XUV500 and Hyundai Creta. It was also shown in the latest 'Batman Vs Superman: Dawn of Justice" where Bruce Wayne (Ben Affleck) is seen driving the Renegade.
Starts Rs 9.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 75.15 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
- NewsFord Freestyle priced lower than the Figo hatch and the Aspire sedan, here's why
- NewsVolvo wants half its sales to come from electric vehicles by 2025
- NewsVW Motorsport India takes its Customer Sport programme to all three INRC categories
- News2018 Mini Countryman to launch in India on May 3
- News2018 Honda Amaze: Everything you need to know
- NewsFord Freestyle launched in India at Rs 5.09 lakh
- NewsTVS Sport Silver Alloy edition launched in India at Rs 38,961
- NewsSpec comparison: Suzuki GSX-S750 vs Kawasaki Z900 vs Triumph Street Triple RS and S
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Ford Freestyle India launch
- NewsBMW iX3 concept all-electric crossover debuts at Auto China 2018