Spied: Mahindra Quanto facelift AMT spotted testing in India
Mahindra is expected to showcase the new Quanto facelift at the 2016 Auto Expo, to be held next month. We spotted camouflaged test mules near Mumbai and managed to get exterior and interior images.
Since the test mules were under a heavy camouflage, the changes in the design were not visible. However, we believe that the Mahindra Quanto facelift will seek design inspiration from the Scorpio and not the Imperio, as reported earlier. The front profile will receive a major revamp as the earlier design was criticised severely. Also, Mahindra will offer modern bits like daytime running lamps, a sleek radiator grille as well as a new front bumper. As seen from the image, the Quanto facelift gets new multi-spoke alloy wheels while the side and the rear retain the original design.
The interiors of the Mahindra Quanto facelift were unchanged. We however believe that production variant will feature revised interiors. Also, Mahindra might use features and options from the TUV300. Most importantly, the spotted test mule of Quanto facelift had an AMT, something which was showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo. In all possibility, the Mahindra Quanto facelift will be powered by the same three-cylinder 1.5-litre engine from the TUV300 that makes 84PS and 230Nm for the MT variant and 81PS for the AT variants.
There are reports of Mahindra rebranding the Quanto as Canto however we will get clear and precise information when Mahindra showcases the Quanto facelift at the 2016 Auto Expo.
- NewsINRC 2019: Younus Ilyas wins a closely fought Sprint de Bengaluru
- NewsRoyal Enfield Bullet Trials 350 and Bullet Trials 500 launched in India at Rs 1.62 lakh and Rs 2.07 lakh respectively
- News2019 Bajaj Platina 100 KS launched in India at Rs 40,500
- News2019 FIM Bajas World Cup: Raorane 27th, Pissay 29th at Baja do Pinhal
- NewsAudi's new 2-litre race engine makes 610PS!
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip