Spied: Mahindra Quanto facelift AMT spotted testing in India
Mahindra is expected to showcase the new Quanto facelift at the 2016 Auto Expo, to be held next month. We spotted camouflaged test mules near Mumbai and managed to get exterior and interior images.
Since the test mules were under a heavy camouflage, the changes in the design were not visible. However, we believe that the Mahindra Quanto facelift will seek design inspiration from the Scorpio and not the Imperio, as reported earlier. The front profile will receive a major revamp as the earlier design was criticised severely. Also, Mahindra will offer modern bits like daytime running lamps, a sleek radiator grille as well as a new front bumper. As seen from the image, the Quanto facelift gets new multi-spoke alloy wheels while the side and the rear retain the original design.
The interiors of the Mahindra Quanto facelift were unchanged. We however believe that production variant will feature revised interiors. Also, Mahindra might use features and options from the TUV300. Most importantly, the spotted test mule of Quanto facelift had an AMT, something which was showcased at the 2014 Auto Expo. In all possibility, the Mahindra Quanto facelift will be powered by the same three-cylinder 1.5-litre engine from the TUV300 that makes 84PS and 230Nm for the MT variant and 81PS for the AT variants.
There are reports of Mahindra rebranding the Quanto as Canto however we will get clear and precise information when Mahindra showcases the Quanto facelift at the 2016 Auto Expo.
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range
- News2018 Maruti Suzuki Ertiga unveiled in Indonesia, India launch soon
- FeaturesImage Gallery: Shaken & Stirred April 2018