Spied: Mahindra Scorpio Special Edition spotted in India
The upcoming Mahindra Scorpio Special Edition has been caught testing in India. As the images reveal, the test mule was heavily camouflaged. However, one can spot new body graphics on the sides of the vehicle. The test mule was running on new black alloy wheels which feature a striking design. To enhance its sporty appeal, the brake calipers have been painted red.
Mahindra didn't officially confirm whether they are developing a Mahindra Scorpio Special Edition for the Indian market. However, our sources tell us that the Scorpio Special Edition will be launched very soon. It will command a premium over the regular Scorpio model. No major mechanical updates are expected.
Mahindra launched the third-generation Scorpio in 2014. It is available in six trims and is priced from Rs 9.06 to 14.61 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). It is offered with two engine options. The base Scorpio S2 trim is powered by a 2.5-litre, m2DICR turbocharged, common rail diesel engine which makes 75PS of power and 200Nm of torque. The S4, S4+, S6+, S8 and S10 trims are powered by a 2.2-litre, variable geometry turbocharger, common rail diesel engine which makes 120PS and 280Nm. Both engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
Mahindra recently launched the Scorpio mHawk with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The mHawk variant is also offered to buyers with the option of shift on fly four-wheel drive on the S4 and S10 trims.
There is no word on what trims of the Scorpio will the Special Edition be offered.
Starts Rs 10.05 Lakhs
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?
- NewsHonda Civic facelift unveiled internationally ahead of India launch
- NewsProduct review: 2018 Arai Tour-X4 adv helmet
- Review2018 Ducati Monster 821 road test review