Spied: Mahindra Scorpio Special Edition spotted in India
The upcoming Mahindra Scorpio Special Edition has been caught testing in India. As the images reveal, the test mule was heavily camouflaged. However, one can spot new body graphics on the sides of the vehicle. The test mule was running on new black alloy wheels which feature a striking design. To enhance its sporty appeal, the brake calipers have been painted red.
Mahindra didn't officially confirm whether they are developing a Mahindra Scorpio Special Edition for the Indian market. However, our sources tell us that the Scorpio Special Edition will be launched very soon. It will command a premium over the regular Scorpio model. No major mechanical updates are expected.
Mahindra launched the third-generation Scorpio in 2014. It is available in six trims and is priced from Rs 9.06 to 14.61 lakh (ex-showroom, Delhi). It is offered with two engine options. The base Scorpio S2 trim is powered by a 2.5-litre, m2DICR turbocharged, common rail diesel engine which makes 75PS of power and 200Nm of torque. The S4, S4+, S6+, S8 and S10 trims are powered by a 2.2-litre, variable geometry turbocharger, common rail diesel engine which makes 120PS and 280Nm. Both engines are mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
Mahindra recently launched the Scorpio mHawk with a 6-speed automatic transmission. The mHawk variant is also offered to buyers with the option of shift on fly four-wheel drive on the S4 and S10 trims.
There is no word on what trims of the Scorpio will the Special Edition be offered.
Starts Rs 10 Lakhs
- FeaturesAll you need to know about motor insurance
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Toyota announces customer connect program
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Ford to manufacture 50,000 ventilators in 100 days
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Could EICMA and INTERMOT be compromised by the global pandemic?
- NewsCoronavirus impact: Tesla Model 3 and Model S parts being used to make ventilators
- Digitek Launches its Battery for Sony, the F-960/F-970 MU
- Digitek Introduces the DUC-008 Battery Charger
- Digitek Unveils its latest Softbox, the DSBH-055