Spied: Maruti Alto K10 facelift at stockyard in India
Maruti has been toying with the idea of giving its little champion, the Alto K10, a facelift. Images of the facelifted K10 have recently been captured at Maruti's stockyard (courtesy Gaadiwaadi.com). The K10 borrows the Alto 800's body frame and certain elements from the new Celerio. The latter part includes the Celerio's face, modified to suit the K10.
The new Maruti Alto K10 is also expected to be longer than the 800 despite the shared body structure. This is to accommodate the bigger K10 engine. The air scoops have grown bigger too and there is a single slat chrome grille. The side and rear look similar to those of the outgoing car though the tail lamps have been refreshed.
The new Maruti Alto K10 is also expected to be longer than the 800 despite the shared body structure
The side and rear look similar to those of the outgoing car though the tail lamps have been refreshed
Inside the cabin, the upholstery has been changed from the previous grey to beige. The Alto is expected to come with front and rear power windows on the top variant. The dashboard will be dual tone and so will the door trims. Under the hood, the new K-Next engine will make 68PS and 90Nm and come mated to five-speed manual transmission as standard and an optional AMT. The Alto is to be positioned as India's most fuel efficient petrol automatic car when launched sometime next month. It will also be the most affordable automatic car in the country. Expect a slight price increase though.
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled