Spied: Maruti Ciaz sedans at Manesar plant
That Maruti has already begun the production of the Ciaz sedan is no secret - at least to the YouTube community that's been plagued by that feline campaign of Maruti's (shudder). Here are the first spied pictures of more than 2,500 Ciazs at Maruti's Manesar plant just about to be dispatched to dealerships. Our sources tell us that dealers will start taking bookings from September 1.
The Maruti Ciaz will be sold with petrol and diesel engines that'll come in three trims - VXi/VDi, VXi+/VDi+ and ZXi/ZDi to be precise. There will also be a choice of manual and automatic transmissions. Electrically adjustable ORVMs, music system, rear defogger, projector headlamps, rear AC vents, central locking and speed sensing door locks are standard. The top end variants will come with climate control, push button start, 5-inch TFT display for the music system with parking assist and safety features such as ABS, EBD and dual airbags.
Word around the industry is that Maruti aims to have around 7,000 Ciaz cars ready before the launch. This is to avoid delays in deliveries and prolonged waiting periods. The company is banking heavily on this car to establish its presence in the C-segment, a place where both its earlier cars, the SX4 and Baleno have failed to make a significant impact.
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
- NewsGaurav Gill nominated for 2019 Arjuna Award
- NewsCFMoto 250SR spotted once again - could be launched in India post its global debut
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Ertiga 1.3-litre diesel engine discontinued in India
- NewsBenelli India inaugurates a new showroom in Mumbai
- NewsTata Tiago JTP hatchback and Tigor JTP compact sedan updated with features in India