Spied: Maruti Ciaz/Alivio production version
Maruti Suzuki's competitor to the Honda City and other executive sedans could be coming here sooner than expected. The Ciaz sedan which has been caught testing on several occasions has again been caught but this time sans any camouflage.
The Ciaz will replace the SX4
The Ciaz will replace the ageing SX4 with Maruti reportedly having stopped production of the latter. The spy pictures this time clearly shows what the production version might look like and we have to say it's a beautiful looking car. The end result does not see much changes from the prototype shown earlier at the Auto Expo. The simple and clean lines give this car an elegant and smooth appearance, which does not exactly make the car stand out but is visually appealing and will definitely gain many admirers. The front end gets a four horizontally slotted grille loaded with chrome and foglamps getting chrome accents. The headlights have two sections housing the pilot and projector lamps with the integrated side indicators forming the top portion. The rear gets chrome tipped dual exhausts and bears a striking resemblance to its arch nemesis, the Honda City. Overall the interiors will have an upmarket and premium feel with the spy shots revealing a multi function steering wheel and chrome accented air vents.
Engine configurations are not clear but the Ciaz is expected to get an uprated version of the 1586cc petrol engine which was doing duty under the SX4 sedan. The diesel will be the 1.3litre multi-jet engine. The transmission will mostly be a five speed manual, an AMT or a newly developed six-speed autobox.
Maruti has not stated the price or the launch date for the Ciaz in India but we expect the launch to take place around the festive season.
Image credit: autohome.com.cn
Starts Rs 8.77 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.19 Lakhs
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh
- NewsNew-gen Honda CR-V to be launched in India on October 9
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class facelift India launch
- NewsImage gallery: Mercedes-AMG A35 revealed
- NewsMercedes-AMG A35 hot hatchback revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show