Spied: Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel spotted at Maruti's Manesar stockyard
Here are the first images of the much awaited Maruti Celerio diesel, spotted at the Maruti Suzuki stockyard in Manesar. The Maruti Celerio diesel is expected to be in showrooms within the next couple of months, set to boost the near five digit figures that the Celerio currently sells in India.
Well, the biggest news is that the Celerio gets the new 800cc motor that Maruti claims to have developed in-house. This two-cylinder motor is expected to produce 52PS/150Nm and will come with a class leading fuel efficiency of nearly 30kmpl. The Celerio diesel is expected to be available only with a manual transmission as of now. Maruti may also bring out an AMT version of the Celerio diesel just like Tata did with the Zest. Having its own diesel engine means Maruti can price it very competitively. Going by the NVH levels which GM has achieved with the three-cylinder Chevrolet diesel, expect Maruti to add in some more refinement to the entire package.
There are no changes expected in the exterior save for the DDiS badges at the sides and the rear. Apart from the features seen in the LDi and VDi, the range topping Celerio diesel will have alloys as well as safety staples like ABS and airbags.
Image source: Gaadiwaadi.com
Starts Rs 4.2 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- Features2018 Jaguar F-Type P300 R-Dynamic - things you will like, and some you may not
- NewsMaruti Suzuki S-Cross crosses one lakh sales figure
- NewsSpec Comparo: Hyundai Santro vs Tata Tiago vs Maruti Suzuki Celerio
- News2018 Hyundai Santro: Launch image gallery
- News2018 Hyundai Santro launched in India at Rs 3.90 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2018 Hyundai Santro India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 bookings open in India
- NewsUpcoming Tata Harrier SUV undergoes handling tests in new video
- News2019 Yamaha FZ FI spotted testing in India