Spied: Maruti Suzuki Celerio diesel spotted at Maruti's Manesar stockyard
Here are the first images of the much awaited Maruti Celerio diesel, spotted at the Maruti Suzuki stockyard in Manesar. The Maruti Celerio diesel is expected to be in showrooms within the next couple of months, set to boost the near five digit figures that the Celerio currently sells in India.
Well, the biggest news is that the Celerio gets the new 800cc motor that Maruti claims to have developed in-house. This two-cylinder motor is expected to produce 52PS/150Nm and will come with a class leading fuel efficiency of nearly 30kmpl. The Celerio diesel is expected to be available only with a manual transmission as of now. Maruti may also bring out an AMT version of the Celerio diesel just like Tata did with the Zest. Having its own diesel engine means Maruti can price it very competitively. Going by the NVH levels which GM has achieved with the three-cylinder Chevrolet diesel, expect Maruti to add in some more refinement to the entire package.
There are no changes expected in the exterior save for the DDiS badges at the sides and the rear. Apart from the features seen in the LDi and VDi, the range topping Celerio diesel will have alloys as well as safety staples like ABS and airbags.
Image source: Gaadiwaadi.com
Starts Rs 4.31 Lakhs
Starts Rs 4.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- OpinionWhy the price difference between the Skoda Karoq and VW T-Roc?
- NewsF1 2020: Races to go ahead even if a driver tests positive for COVID-19
- NewsWorld Environment Day: Hyundai India emphasises on green mobility services adopted at dealerships
- News2020 Mini Countryman facelift unveiled globally
- NewsVolvo reports a 25.5 per cent drop in global sales in May 2020
- CONTEST: Finding Solace | Better Photography Weekly Challenge
- Winners of the Macros at Home Contest
- A ‘Bird’ was Used to Make Children Sit Still!