Spied: Maruti Suzuki Ignis compact SUV testing in India
Maruti's compact SUV concept, the Ignis was on display at the recently concluded expo. The carmaker promised that the SUV will go into production soon and will be launched exclusively through Nexa dealerships.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis measures 3,700mm in length, 1,660mm in width and is 1,595mm in height. The ground clearance is 180mm while the wheelbase is 2,435mm. Maruti have built the Ignis on their new lightweight platform which also underpins the Baleno RS. In its JDM-spec, the Ignis is just shy of the 900kg mark. Expect it to have a similar weight configuration here. The car though will not get 4-wheel drive assist like its Japanese counterpart.
In its JDM-spec, the car comes with a 1.2-litre Dualjet motor which is capable of producing 90PS/118Nm engine. However in India, we may get the same 84PS 1.2-litre petrol and 90PS DDiS engine mated to 5-speed manual transmissions. Expect a CVT too on the petrol trim. Like the S-Cross and Baleno, expect the Ignis to also have dual airbags as standard with ABS being an option from the base trim.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis spotted testing seems to be a base variant as it was running on steel wheels. One can also see fog lamps on this base trim. There are also turn indicators on the ORVMs. More details of the Ignis compact crossover will be available closer to launch (festive season).
Starts Rs 4.67 Lakhs
- News2019 Jawa Forty Two: Image Gallery
- News2019 Jawa: Image gallery
- NewsVolkswagen being investigated for selling pre-production cars to customers
- News50,000th BMW 310cc series motorcycle rolled out from Hosur plant
- News1,874 units of the Yamaha R3 recalled in India
- NewsThings to know about the 2019 Nissan Kicks India-spec SUV
- NewsTata Motors to increase prices by up to Rs 40,000 from January 1, 2019
- NewsTata Harrier SUV multi-city public preview to start form December 18
- NewsRefreshed 2019 BMW X1 SUV spotted testing in Europe
- NewsMahindra S201 sub-four-metre SUV nameplate to be revealed on December 19