Spied: Maruti Suzuki Ignis compact SUV testing in India
Maruti's compact SUV concept, the Ignis was on display at the recently concluded expo. The carmaker promised that the SUV will go into production soon and will be launched exclusively through Nexa dealerships.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis measures 3,700mm in length, 1,660mm in width and is 1,595mm in height. The ground clearance is 180mm while the wheelbase is 2,435mm. Maruti have built the Ignis on their new lightweight platform which also underpins the Baleno RS. In its JDM-spec, the Ignis is just shy of the 900kg mark. Expect it to have a similar weight configuration here. The car though will not get 4-wheel drive assist like its Japanese counterpart.
In its JDM-spec, the car comes with a 1.2-litre Dualjet motor which is capable of producing 90PS/118Nm engine. However in India, we may get the same 84PS 1.2-litre petrol and 90PS DDiS engine mated to 5-speed manual transmissions. Expect a CVT too on the petrol trim. Like the S-Cross and Baleno, expect the Ignis to also have dual airbags as standard with ABS being an option from the base trim.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis spotted testing seems to be a base variant as it was running on steel wheels. One can also see fog lamps on this base trim. There are also turn indicators on the ORVMs. More details of the Ignis compact crossover will be available closer to launch (festive season).
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsTriumph Bonneville Speedmaster to launch in India on February 27, 2018
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Mahindra KUV100 Adventure Edition image gallery
- NewsGeneva Motor Show: Tata 45X based sedan teased
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: Hyundai Elite i20 facelift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha Motoroid concept
- NewsImage gallery: Honda CBR1000RR Fireblade
- NewsWRC 2018: Hyundai's Thierry Neuville victorious at Rally Sweden
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Clarity fuel cell FCV
- NewsImage gallery: Yamaha M-Slaz
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Creon concept