Spied: Maruti Suzuki Ignis compact SUV testing in India
Maruti's compact SUV concept, the Ignis was on display at the recently concluded expo. The carmaker promised that the SUV will go into production soon and will be launched exclusively through Nexa dealerships.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis measures 3,700mm in length, 1,660mm in width and is 1,595mm in height. The ground clearance is 180mm while the wheelbase is 2,435mm. Maruti have built the Ignis on their new lightweight platform which also underpins the Baleno RS. In its JDM-spec, the Ignis is just shy of the 900kg mark. Expect it to have a similar weight configuration here. The car though will not get 4-wheel drive assist like its Japanese counterpart.
In its JDM-spec, the car comes with a 1.2-litre Dualjet motor which is capable of producing 90PS/118Nm engine. However in India, we may get the same 84PS 1.2-litre petrol and 90PS DDiS engine mated to 5-speed manual transmissions. Expect a CVT too on the petrol trim. Like the S-Cross and Baleno, expect the Ignis to also have dual airbags as standard with ABS being an option from the base trim.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis spotted testing seems to be a base variant as it was running on steel wheels. One can also see fog lamps on this base trim. There are also turn indicators on the ORVMs. More details of the Ignis compact crossover will be available closer to launch (festive season).
Starts Rs 4.89 Lakhs
- FeaturesAll you need to know: Gordon Murray Automotive's T.50, the world's lightest supercar
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki Ignis Zeta variant gets Smartplay Studio infotainment, priced at Rs 5.97 lakh
- News2020 Maruti Suzuki S-Cross BSVI petrol launched in India, prices start from Rs 8.39 lakh
- OpinionOn wildlife on highways
- NewsNext generation Mahindra Thar expected to be unveiled in India on August 15