Spied: Maruti Suzuki Ignis compact SUV testing in India
Maruti's compact SUV concept, the Ignis was on display at the recently concluded expo. The carmaker promised that the SUV will go into production soon and will be launched exclusively through Nexa dealerships.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis measures 3,700mm in length, 1,660mm in width and is 1,595mm in height. The ground clearance is 180mm while the wheelbase is 2,435mm. Maruti have built the Ignis on their new lightweight platform which also underpins the Baleno RS. In its JDM-spec, the Ignis is just shy of the 900kg mark. Expect it to have a similar weight configuration here. The car though will not get 4-wheel drive assist like its Japanese counterpart.
In its JDM-spec, the car comes with a 1.2-litre Dualjet motor which is capable of producing 90PS/118Nm engine. However in India, we may get the same 84PS 1.2-litre petrol and 90PS DDiS engine mated to 5-speed manual transmissions. Expect a CVT too on the petrol trim. Like the S-Cross and Baleno, expect the Ignis to also have dual airbags as standard with ABS being an option from the base trim.
The Maruti Suzuki Ignis spotted testing seems to be a base variant as it was running on steel wheels. One can also see fog lamps on this base trim. There are also turn indicators on the ORVMs. More details of the Ignis compact crossover will be available closer to launch (festive season).
Starts Rs 4.66 Lakhs
- Features2018 Yamaha YZF-R15: Four things you'll love and two things that you won't
- NewsBest deals on car tyres right now
- NewsAudi Q3 and Audi Q7 SUVs launched in new 'Design Edition' trims
- NewsDiscounts of up to 50 per cent on motorcycle tyres in India
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 R
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 BMW G 310 GS
- NewsTata Nexon AMT option launched in XM mid-range trim in India at Rs 7.50 lakh
- News2018 BMW G 310 GS and G 310 R reach dealerships ahead of India launch
- FeaturesOn test at OVERDRIVE: Casio Pro Trek WSD-F20 smart watch
- NewsVolkswagen asked reasons for not recalling diesel cars affected in the emissions scandal by NGT