Spied: Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire diesel AMT testing in India
The hot selling Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire will have another variant added to its kitty. The new Maruti Swift Dzire has been caught testing with an AMT gearbox. This is the diesel variant of the Swift Dzire and it will rival the Tata Zest diesel AMT.
The Swift Dzire variant that was spotted was in the top-end ZDi trim which means the presence of ABS and airbags. This could be the first affordable automatic Maruti car that boasts essential safety features. Magneti Marelli will mostly likely supply the AMT units to Maruti for use in its diesel models, as it does for the Alto and Celerio. A facelifted Maruti Ertiga featuring an AMT was also spotted testing a couple of months back.
Considering that the Dzire just got a facelift, we don't expect any cosmetic additions except for the Easy Drive badges that Maruti uses for its AMT equipped cars. Power will come from the same Fiat-sourced 75PS diesel motor and going by the Celerio and Alto, it should deliver the same 26.59kmpl fuel efficiency as the manual version.
Maruti offers the petrol Swift Dzire with a 4-speed automatic transmission. The petrol unit could also get an AMT given the fan following that this automatic unit has been gathering all across the country. Expect Maruti to launch the Swift Dzire diesel AMT in India sometime closer to the festive season.
Starts Rs 4.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.22 Lakhs
- NewsKia Sonet launched: Top 10 segment-first features
- NewsKia Sonet India launch: Prices and variant-wise features explained
- News2020 Kia Sonet price comparison vs Hyundai Venue, Maruti Suzuki Brezza, Tata Nexon and Mahindra XUV300
- NewsKia Sonet launched in India, prices start from Rs 6.71 lakh
- NewsLive updates: Kia Sonet India launch, prices, specs, details, variants, engines and features unveiled