Spied: Maruti Suzuki Wagon R AMT spotted testing in India
India's largest car maker, Maruti-Suzuki will launch the Wagon R/ Stingray with an Automated Manual Transmission (AMT). Spy images suggest that the VXi trim of both the cars will get this transmission, like the Celerio. Visually there are no differences, however the instrument cluster may get a few changes to incorporate the gear indicator. The AMT transmission has been a major hit with the urban populace and an AMT's convenience coupled with better fuel economy than a CVT gearbox is what makes the AMT a major draw.
Maruti-Suzuki stunned the Indian market in 2014 when it launched the Celerio AMT. It was soon staring at a long order book and there was a time when the Celerio AMT's waiting period stretched for months. This was because neither did Maruti Suzuki nor supplier, Magneti Marelli anticipate the demand. Maruti Suzuki has taken steps to address the issue and has managed to reduce waiting times.
The Maruti Suzuki Wagon R is another popular model that still brings in the numbers for the company. It was only a matter of time that the company incorporated the popular transmission in the Wagon R. Expect Maruti Suzuki to launch the car early next year, probably at the Auto Expo.
Starts Rs 4.46 Lakhs
- FeaturesPractical high-performance: Top super sedans in India
- News2020 Honda X-Blade BSVI launched in India at Rs 1.05 lakh
- News2020 Honda City RS turbo-petrol under consideration for India
- NewsYamaha to offer special finance scheme for frontline warriors of COVID19
- NewsBSVI petrol 2020 Land Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque launched in India, prices start from Rs 57.99 lakh
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block