Spied: Maruti Suzuki Wagon R Xrest testing in India
After having survived for nearly 15 years in the Indian market, it looks like the Maruti soon be getting a new trim called the Maruti Wagon R Xrest. A production model that was recently spotted testing hints at an upcoming launch.
At the Auto Expo this year, the Xrest was showcased with a wide band of black plastic cladding, running all along the lower part of its body. Other features that distinguish it from its regular counterpart are smoked projector headlamps and a new design radiator grille. Darkened tail lamps, a silver-tinted bumper lip and plastic black garnish around the air vents have also been added. The black plastic roof rails add to a slightly more butch appearance that the car is going for. The interiors get beige and black dual-tone treatment. The model spotted, though, does not carry the striking black strip all the way to the rear.
Since these modifications are purely cosmetic in nature, the Xrest may as well be called a facelift. Maruti Suzuki India Limited seems to have little reason to change things under the hood thanks to the encouraging numbers that are not dropping despite the car's age.
The Xrest will most likely come with the familiar 68PS/90Nm making 1.0-litre K10B engine mated to a 5-speed manual transmission.
More from OVERDRIVE on the Maruti Suzuki Wagon R:
Starts Rs 4.46 Lakhs
- NewsVideo Worth Watching: 2020 G82 BMW M4 prototype on the Sachsenring
- FeaturesThe contenders: F1's fiercest rivalries
- News2020 Honda City to be launched in India on July 15
- NewsConfirmed: Ducati India to launch Panigale V2 in August 2020
- NewsAtal Rohtang tunnel could be inaugurated in September 2020
- Digitising Text
- Abstract | Winners and Honourable Mentions
- BP Tip of the Day: Getting Out of a Creative Block