Spied: New-gen Suzuki Jimny SUV spotted on the production line
Earlier this year, we reported that the new-gen Suzuki Jimny SUV might be showcased at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show. However, Suzuki didn't reveal any information on its compact SUV at the motor show. And now there are fresh images of the new-gen Suzuki Jimny on the internet which have been taken at one of Suzuki's production plant in Japan. The new-gen Suzuki Jimny will make its debut next year, likely at the Geneva Motor Show.
The new-gen Suzuki Jimny gets a more functional design compared to the previous model
The 2018 Jimny will continue to be a 2-door design. Leaked images of renders of the 4th gen Jimny have already been floating on the internet. The front grille has a 5-slat design. It is flanked by circular headlamps on either side. The headlamp housings host separated circular turn-signals. The front bumper looks minimalist but functional and houses the fog lamps. The Jimny's flared wheel arches get a dark plastic cladding.
We like the old-school Defender like styling on the new-gen Suzuki Jimny
In tune with the exterior, the interior too employs a utilitarian design. The dash is simple and unobtrusive with chunky knobs for AC control. At the centre sits a touchscreen for the infotainment system. The instrumentation dials are large and the steering gets a three-spoke design. Also can be seen is the gear lever for an automatic gearbox.
Any details or specifications for the powertrain that will do duty in the 2018 Suzuki Jimny haven't been known yet. Seeing the previous generation models, the new Suzuki Jimny too might be offered with rear- and four-wheel drive variants. The Jimny is expected to go on sale in first quarter of 2018 in Japan and might be produce at Suzuki's Iwata plant in the country.
The new-gen Suzuki Jimny might be revealed at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show (Image source: Motor1)
The Suzuki Jimny is related to the Maruti Suzuki Gypsy in India since the former was the predecessor of the SUV in the international markets. Do you think Maruti Suzuki India should consider bringing the new-gen Jimny to India? Let us know your views in the comment section below.
Spied image source on the production line: hunfooli
- NewsTVS StaR City+ launched in new grey-black paint option at Rs 52,907
- NewsSkoda appoints Pavel Richter as production technical director of its India 2.0 project
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 riding gear and apparel
- NewsImage gallery: Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 and Interceptor 650 accessories
- OpinionOn OVERDRIVE turning twenty...
- Review2018 Lexus ES 300h first drive review
- NewsThe OVERDRIVE 24 Hours Performance Run is coming your way this weekend
- NewsFerrari lays out plans till 2022, will build 'Purosangue' SUV
- News2019 Suzuki Katana to be unveiled on October 2 at the Intermot show
- News2018 Mercedes-Benz C-Class launched in India at Rs 40 lakh