Spied: New-gen Suzuki Jimny SUV spotted on the production line
Earlier this year, we reported that the new-gen Suzuki Jimny SUV might be showcased at the 2017 Tokyo Motor Show. However, Suzuki didn't reveal any information on its compact SUV at the motor show. And now there are fresh images of the new-gen Suzuki Jimny on the internet which have been taken at one of Suzuki's production plant in Japan. The new-gen Suzuki Jimny will make its debut next year, likely at the Geneva Motor Show.
The new-gen Suzuki Jimny gets a more functional design compared to the previous model
The 2018 Jimny will continue to be a 2-door design. Leaked images of renders of the 4th gen Jimny have already been floating on the internet. The front grille has a 5-slat design. It is flanked by circular headlamps on either side. The headlamp housings host separated circular turn-signals. The front bumper looks minimalist but functional and houses the fog lamps. The Jimny's flared wheel arches get a dark plastic cladding.
We like the old-school Defender like styling on the new-gen Suzuki Jimny
In tune with the exterior, the interior too employs a utilitarian design. The dash is simple and unobtrusive with chunky knobs for AC control. At the centre sits a touchscreen for the infotainment system. The instrumentation dials are large and the steering gets a three-spoke design. Also can be seen is the gear lever for an automatic gearbox.
Any details or specifications for the powertrain that will do duty in the 2018 Suzuki Jimny haven't been known yet. Seeing the previous generation models, the new Suzuki Jimny too might be offered with rear- and four-wheel drive variants. The Jimny is expected to go on sale in first quarter of 2018 in Japan and might be produce at Suzuki's Iwata plant in the country.
The new-gen Suzuki Jimny might be revealed at the 2018 Geneva Motor Show (Image source: Motor1)
The Suzuki Jimny is related to the Maruti Suzuki Gypsy in India since the former was the predecessor of the SUV in the international markets. Do you think Maruti Suzuki India should consider bringing the new-gen Jimny to India? Let us know your views in the comment section below.
Spied image source on the production line: hunfooli
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000