Spied: New-gen Volkswagen Touareg spotted testing in China
Before the Volkswagen Tiguan, the German car manufacturer had the Touareg as its premium SUV in India. The new-gen Volkswagen Touareg SUV has now been spotted testing in China. It is being said that the 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV will make its first public appearance at the Los Angeles Motor Show, scheduled to take place next month. We believe Volkswagen will launch the new-gen Touareg in the international markets in the second half of 2018.
The 2018 Volkswagen Touareg is based on the MLB Evo platform
From the spied images, it is evident that the new-gen Volkswagen Touareg gets a similar design language as seen on the Volkswagen Atlas, sold in the international markets. This can be seen with the sleek radiator grille flowing into the the all-LED headlight cluster and the minimalistic design of the bumpers. The cabin details of the new-gen Volkswagen Touareg were not visible, however, we believe, it will be similar to the new Atlas as well. Most importantly, the new Volkswagen Touareg is being built on MLB Evo platform that also forms the basis of the Cayenne, Q7 and the upcoming Lamborghini Urus SUV.
The 2018 Volkswagen Touareg gets a similar design as seen on the VW Atlas
While VW has not dropped any hints, the new-gen Volkswagen Touareg is expected to be powered by four powertrain options. The range starter will come with an option between a 2.0-litre petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel engines whereas the premium variants will be equipped with a 3.0-litre V6 diesel and a 3.0-litre V6 petrol engines. These motors will be paired with an 8-speed DSG unit along with the company's 4Motion all-wheel-drivetrain. Going by the present environmental norms and VW's push into greener tech, there might be a hybrid offering in the future too.
The 2018 VW Touareg will be a five-seater SUV.
Internationally, the Volkswagen Touareg competes with the likes of the Volvo XC90, Audi Q7, BMW X5 and the Land Rover Discovery. Should Volkswagen bring the new-gen Touareg to India as well? Let us know your views in the comment section below.
- NewsMahindra Marazzo garners over 10,000 bookings since launch
- NewsTata Tiago JTP and Tigor JTP to launch in India on October 26
- NewsMotoGP 2018: Marc Marquez wins the World Championship
- ReviewSuzuki V-Strom 650 XT ABS first ride review
- NewsMG Motor India's first launch: Everything we know
- NewsVolkswagen Passat with Connect app launched at Rs 25.99 lakh
- News2019 Hyundai Santro spotted in top-spec Asta trim
- NewsHero Destini 125cc scooter to launch on October 22
- NewsChinese carmaker Great Wall Motors to enter India by 2021-22
- NewsImage gallery: New BMW X7 SUV