Spied: New-gen Volkswagen Touareg spotted testing in China
Before the Volkswagen Tiguan, the German car manufacturer had the Touareg as its premium SUV in India. The new-gen Volkswagen Touareg SUV has now been spotted testing in China. It is being said that the 2018 Volkswagen Tiguan SUV will make its first public appearance at the Los Angeles Motor Show, scheduled to take place next month. We believe Volkswagen will launch the new-gen Touareg in the international markets in the second half of 2018.
The 2018 Volkswagen Touareg is based on the MLB Evo platform
From the spied images, it is evident that the new-gen Volkswagen Touareg gets a similar design language as seen on the Volkswagen Atlas, sold in the international markets. This can be seen with the sleek radiator grille flowing into the the all-LED headlight cluster and the minimalistic design of the bumpers. The cabin details of the new-gen Volkswagen Touareg were not visible, however, we believe, it will be similar to the new Atlas as well. Most importantly, the new Volkswagen Touareg is being built on MLB Evo platform that also forms the basis of the Cayenne, Q7 and the upcoming Lamborghini Urus SUV.
The 2018 Volkswagen Touareg gets a similar design as seen on the VW Atlas
While VW has not dropped any hints, the new-gen Volkswagen Touareg is expected to be powered by four powertrain options. The range starter will come with an option between a 2.0-litre petrol and a 2.0-litre diesel engines whereas the premium variants will be equipped with a 3.0-litre V6 diesel and a 3.0-litre V6 petrol engines. These motors will be paired with an 8-speed DSG unit along with the company's 4Motion all-wheel-drivetrain. Going by the present environmental norms and VW's push into greener tech, there might be a hybrid offering in the future too.
The 2018 VW Touareg will be a five-seater SUV.
Internationally, the Volkswagen Touareg competes with the likes of the Volvo XC90, Audi Q7, BMW X5 and the Land Rover Discovery. Should Volkswagen bring the new-gen Touareg to India as well? Let us know your views in the comment section below.
Image source: noticiasautomotivas
Starts Rs 70.12 Lakhs
Starts Rs 76.9 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3 Crore
Starts Rs 71.38 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 77.41 Lakhs
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Jeet Jhabakh and Dhruv Mohite end Round 2 on a high note
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Saurav Bandyopadhyay wins opening race of Round 2 at MMRT
- NewsSpec comparison: BMW G 310 GS vs Royal Enfield Himalayan FI vs Kawasaki Versys-X 300
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja 300 ABS launched in India at Rs 2.98 lakh
- NewsBMW G 310 R: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- NewsBMW G 310 GS: Three things you'll like and two you won't
- ReviewBMW G 310 GS first ride review
- ReviewBMW G 310 R first ride review
- NewsBMW G 310 R and G 310 GS official accessories from BMW Motorrad India
- News2018 Honda Navi gets two new colours, priced at Rs. 44,775