Spied: New Mahindra Genio spotted in India
Mahindra is set to launch a refreshed Genio soon and spy shots of the pick up have begun surfacing on the Internet. The images reveal a bold new front end that bears no resemblance to the Xylo that the current Genio derives inspiration from. New design features include- refreshed grille, headlamps, bonnet and bumpers. The grille design is unique and sports a row of blocks that look unlike the usual saber tooth grille design that's usually seen on Mahindra vehicles.
The headlamps are multi-reflector units with clear lens indicators. The bonnet feature two prominent crease lines that extend from the base of the A-pillar to the leading edge of the bonnet adding a dollop of bulk to the pick up truck. The bumper has larger air dams but come with the same, circular fog lamp housings, outlined by a reflective strip. Mahindra will probably sell the foglamp as an accessory. The new Genio will also get body coloured mirrors.
At present, the Mahindra Genio is offered in single cab and dual cab versions and Mahindra will offer the same configurations in the new Genio too. Expect the new Genio to get the same 2.5-litre m2DI CRDE diesel engine that produces 76PS and 220Nm @ 1400-2200rpm
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids