Spied: New Mahindra XUV500 in India
Launched back in September 2011, the XUV500 shook up the market with its laundry list of features. Fast forward to 2015 and the XUV500 does look a bit long in the tooth now. To address the issue Mahindra has given its flagship a little makeover.
The images reveal a new grille, a la the recently launched Scorpio. Seems like the Mahindra designers have taken a liking to the fanged grilles. The headlights are essentially the same, except for the S-shaped LED DRL strip that weaves around the projector and main beam lights.
The fog lamps get rather gaudy looking chrome surrounds. The turn indicators are now clear lens and the new XUV500 gets a fresh alloy wheel design.
The interiors, in this image looks the same, save for a new beige colour palette that looks more upmarket. There is no word, however, on Mahindra tweaking the engine to produce more power. In light of competition from the Renault Duster, Nissan Terrano and the Tata Safari Storme, the updated XUV500 should help Mahindra keep it relevant.
Image source: Team-BHP
Starts Rs 12.23 Lakhs
Starts Rs 9.99 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.49 Lakhs
Starts Rs 10.84 Lakhs
- NewsTata looks for foreign partner to drive passenger car business
- NewsNissan Magnite SUV concept's interior design revealed, could feature an AMT
- NewsConfirmed: 2020 Triumph Street Triple R to be launched in India on August 11
- News2020 Toyota Urban Cruiser compact SUV teased ahead of festive season debut
- NewsJuly 2020 sales: Honda 2Wheeler sold 3.09 lakh two-wheelers in India