Spied: Next gen BMW 3 Series caught testing
Mercedes-Benz's all new C-Class arrived on our shores last year and the all-new Audi A4 is said to follow this year after the 2016 Auto Expo. Jaguar too has its brand new XE lined up for launch after the Auto Expo. That leaves BMW a bit left out with the 3 Series that has been around in this avatar since it debuted in 2011. Now it would appear that the all-new 3 is well into development stage and the folks over at Autoblog have captured some images of the new BMW 3 Series undergoing cold weather testing at one of the best spots to cold weather test, the Arctic.
We suspect the new BMW 3 Series design will be influenced by the
Despite the heavy camouflage, it's easy to see that the next 3 Series will retain the traditional BMW shape with a long bonnet and compact rear. It also seems that this car will feature an evolution of design and we don't expect to see something dramatically different. In that sense, the 3 Series will follow the similar restraint BMW exercised when it unveiled the latest 7 Series. If anything, we expect to see a similar design language seen on the new BMW 7 Series limo.
The new BMW 3 Series should retain the traditional BMW long bonnet, short rear design philosophy
Squinting to imagine what lies under the psychedelic wrap we spot what looks like a larger kidney grille and slinkier looking headlamps that may extend into the front fenders. The rear features round lamps that stick out of the bodywork but you can ignore those as they look like they're just functional units for the test car and in all likelihood, they won't make it to production. As is the trend, we expect the new BMW 3 Series to be larger with a longer wheelbase that will liberate more interior space. New age materials and manufacturing processes should ensure this car weighs less than the current 1.5 tonne 320d.
Ignore the tail lamps, they are probably just functional items installed on this test mule
The new BWM 3 Series should officially debut by late 2017 or early 2018 but we expect to see more of this car before that. Nothing escapes the Internet these days
Image source: Autoblog
Starts Rs 37.8 Lakhs
Starts Rs 38.4 Lakhs
Starts Rs 1.17 Crore
- OpinionNatural selection
- FeaturesThe Brembo 19RCS Costa Corsa explained
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia finishes seventh overall
- NewsBosch develops an automated valet parking system with e. Go
- NewsSMEV signs an MoU with TAITRA to develop EV development infrastructure
- NewsToyota wants privacy concerns addressed before it adds Android Auto
- OpinionWe make modern cars, so why not tanks?
- NewsUpcoming Lexus ES facelift teased in video ahead of Beijing Auto Show launch
- NewsHonda unveils Small RS Concept in Indonesia, preview to next Brio
- NewsDucati to offer radar, cornering ABS but not missiles on its motorcycle range