Spied: Next-generation Fiat Punto spotted
Test mules of the next-generation Fiat Punto were recently spotted in the US. The new-generation Punto will be based on Fiat's X6H platform which will also underpin a sub-Renegade SUV. Expected to be unveiled by the end of this year, the new-gen Punto will be launched in the international markets by 2017. It might hit Indian shores by mid-2018.
The Punto in its existing form was launched in 2005 and hasn't got any substantial update since then. The heavily camouflaged test mules do not reveal the finer details of the new design except for new multi-spoke alloys. However, it is expected to be larger than the present generation car. The new cabin layout isn't visible from the spied images. However, Fiat might replace the existing layout with that of the new Renegade SUV. It will also get a new touchscreen infotainment system with Fiat's UConnect application.
Based on a longer version of the Fiat 326 platform, the international spec version will be powered by the 1.4-litre petrol engine that puts out 100PS of power and 140Nm of torque. The new-gen Punto is also expected to borrow the 1.8-litre E.torQ motor from the Toro pickup along with a 1.6-litre E.torQ motor. Along with a 5-speed manual transmission, Fiat might also offer a ZF 6-speed automatic transmission.
The Fiat Punto Pure is priced between Rs 4.48 lakh to Rs 5.49 lakh while the Punto Evo range slots between Rs 4.99 lakh and Rs 7.71 lakh (all prices ex-Delhi). The Fiat Punto Evo competes with the Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Honda Jazz and the Volkswagen Polo in India.
Starts Rs 4.88 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.89 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.26 Lakhs
Starts Rs 5.42 Lakhs
Team OD | 12 Feb 2018
- NewsMaharashtra government announces tax exemption for electric vehicles
- News2018 Toyota Yaris Cross hatchback details revealed
- NewsPorsche to invest $ 7.4 billion by 2022 towards electric vehicles
- NewsImage gallery: TVS Apache RTR 200 Fi Ethanol
- NewsImage gallery: Mahindra Thar Wanderlust SUV at the 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsImage gallery: Honda Sports EV concept at the Auto Expo 2018
- NewsImage gallery: Tata Tigor and Tiago JTP showcased at 2018 Auto Expo
- NewsAuto Expo 2018: 2018 Maruti Suzuki Swift image gallery
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R15 v3
- NewsImage gallery: 2018 Yamaha YZF-R6