Spied: Production-ready Renault Lodgy testing in India
Last year, there was much speculation regarding Renault bringing in the Lodgy to India. Well, the company has now confirmed that the MPV will be launched in 2015. Expect the Lodgy to be in showrooms by March 2015.
OVERDRIVE reader, Sharath from Chennai, captured pictures of this camouflaged production-ready Renault Lodgy testing near Guduvancherry, GST Road, Chennai. Going by the alloy wheels and rear-window wiper, this could be the top-end variant. The second-row of seats looks roomy, however, we will reserve our comments until we drive the car. The interiors could be similar to the Indian Duster. The company has already heavily localised the production of the Lodgy in order to give it a competitive price advantage in the crowded MPV segment.
It is likely that the Lodgy will be powered by the tried and tested 1.5-litre K9K engine which could be tuned for a power output of 85PS or 110PS. A 5-speed or 6-speed manual transmission might be featured here. It's also likely that the petrol engine may not be offered initially but added to the lineup later. Renault could price the Lodgy between Rs 7-10 lakh.
Starts Rs 7.7 Lakhs
- NewsVideo worth watching: V12-powered Ferrari 250 GTO screaming to glory
- Review2018 Honda Jazz review
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Leg 1 sets the event rolling today with SS 1 to SS 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Scrutiny and driver's briefing image gallery
- FeaturesIndependence Quattro Drive 2018: From Chandigarh to Leh
- NewsDrag strip-only Ford Mustang Cobra Jet unveiled
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV to be launched in India on September 3
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: Pre-scrutiny image gallery
- NewsHarley-Davidson India rolls out new Street to Softail trade-in offer
- NewsKerala floods: Nissan India offers service support to affected customers