Spied: Production-ready Tata Nexon interior
It's been almost two years that we have been continuously flooded with the Tata Nexon spy images. Tata Motors has been relentlessly testing their first compact crossover and is leaving no stone unturned in the process. The SUV was also showcased at the recently concluded Geneva Motor Show albeit with a few cosmetic additions. Now an OVERDRIVE reader has sent in images of the Nexon's interior without any camouflage.
What we know so far
The Tata Nexon will have a 'Humanity grille' as found on other new-gen Tata products. The headlamps will be projector units coupled with LED DRLs. It is expected that the Nexon may have a cornering lamp function fog lights. It will also wear 17-inch wheels on the top trims while 16" will be the standard. The tail lamps are clear lens units and feature LEDs. The Nexon also has request sensors on the front doors as well as on the boot handle. From the side, the car reminds one of the Evoque - the sloping roofline gives it a coupe-SUV look. The cabin layout, including the switchgear, too looks similar to other Tata cars.
However, the Nexon also gets climate control, a pop-up screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto features as an infotainment system and height-adjustable front seat belts. This is expected to be a touchscreen with separate controls on the dashboard too. The Nexon will also get a rear AC blower unit with separate fan speeds. The car will also get a reverse camera, similar to the one on the Hexa and now the Tigor.
The Tata Nexon will have a 'Humanity grille' as found on other new-gen Tata cars
The cabin layout, including the switchgear, looks similar to other Tata cars
The Nexon gets a pop-up screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto features as an infotainment system
While the petrol engine is expected to be the same as the one in the Zest but with uprated power figures, the diesel will be an all-new 1.5-litre 4-cylinder motor that is expected to make 100PS. The diesel will be mated to a 6-speed gearbox and is also expected to have 20+kmpl fuel efficiency. There are separate drive modes for the Nexon. The dimensions of the SUV are 3,995 x 1,811 x 1607mm for the length, width and height respectively while the wheelbase is 2,498mm. When we checked the car at Geneva, it looks comfortable enough to seat five with a boot capacity of around 370-400 litres.
The headlamps will be projector units coupled with LED DRLs
Tata like the way it has priced its recent offerings like the Tiago, Tigor and Hexa is expected to have a very competitive price tag to the Nexon. We expect the SUV to be priced starting from Rs 5 lakh all the way up to Rs 7 lakh when it goes on sale later this year.
Starts Rs 6.16 Lakhs
- Review2018 Kawasaki Ninja 400 road test review
- NewsSpec comparo: Jawa vs Royal Enfield Classic 350
- NewsMercedes-Benz C-Class facelift petrol to launch in India by the end of 2018
- NewsImage gallery: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- News2019 Kawasaki Versys 1000 bookings start in India, deliveries post April 2019
- News2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS four-door coupe launched in India at Rs 84.70 lakh
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLS India launch
- NewsSavita Oil Technologies to supply Tata Motors with original oils
- NewsMahindra Treo electric three-wheeler range with lithium-ion battery pack launched in India at Rs 1.36 lakh
- NewsImage gallery: Jawa and Jawa Forty Two launched in India