Spied: Production-ready Tata Nexon interior
It's been almost two years that we have been continuously flooded with the Tata Nexon spy images. Tata Motors has been relentlessly testing their first compact crossover and is leaving no stone unturned in the process. The SUV was also showcased at the recently concluded Geneva Motor Show albeit with a few cosmetic additions. Now an OVERDRIVE reader has sent in images of the Nexon's interior without any camouflage.
What we know so far
The Tata Nexon will have a 'Humanity grille' as found on other new-gen Tata products. The headlamps will be projector units coupled with LED DRLs. It is expected that the Nexon may have a cornering lamp function fog lights. It will also wear 17-inch wheels on the top trims while 16" will be the standard. The tail lamps are clear lens units and feature LEDs. The Nexon also has request sensors on the front doors as well as on the boot handle. From the side, the car reminds one of the Evoque - the sloping roofline gives it a coupe-SUV look. The cabin layout, including the switchgear, too looks similar to other Tata cars.
However, the Nexon also gets climate control, a pop-up screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto features as an infotainment system and height-adjustable front seat belts. This is expected to be a touchscreen with separate controls on the dashboard too. The Nexon will also get a rear AC blower unit with separate fan speeds. The car will also get a reverse camera, similar to the one on the Hexa and now the Tigor.
The Tata Nexon will have a 'Humanity grille' as found on other new-gen Tata cars
The cabin layout, including the switchgear, looks similar to other Tata cars
The Nexon gets a pop-up screen with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto features as an infotainment system
While the petrol engine is expected to be the same as the one in the Zest but with uprated power figures, the diesel will be an all-new 1.5-litre 4-cylinder motor that is expected to make 100PS. The diesel will be mated to a 6-speed gearbox and is also expected to have 20+kmpl fuel efficiency. There are separate drive modes for the Nexon. The dimensions of the SUV are 3,995 x 1,811 x 1607mm for the length, width and height respectively while the wheelbase is 2,498mm. When we checked the car at Geneva, it looks comfortable enough to seat five with a boot capacity of around 370-400 litres.
The headlamps will be projector units coupled with LED DRLs
Tata like the way it has priced its recent offerings like the Tiago, Tigor and Hexa is expected to have a very competitive price tag to the Nexon. We expect the SUV to be priced starting from Rs 5 lakh all the way up to Rs 7 lakh when it goes on sale later this year.
Starts Rs 5.85 Lakhs
- NewsMotoGP: How the 2019 grid has shaped up so far
- NewsVideo worth watching Tesla Model X rollover test
- NewsTVS Racing to debut the race version of the Ntorq scooter, the Ntorq SXR at INRC Nashik
- NewsLand Rover Discovery Sport and Range Rover Evoque now available with 2.0-litre Ingenium petrol engine
- FeaturesBest driving routes: Maneybhanjang to Sandakphu
- NewsToyota looking to produce and jointly sell models developed by Maruti Suzuki
- News2018 Ford EcoSport S Ecoboost and EcoSport Signature Edition image gallery
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively