Spied: Refreshed Maruti Wagon R spotted in India
Maruti is giving another facelift to its ever-so popular Wagon R model. However, the new avatar of the Wagon R is something which we have already seen before. A spy picture of the updated Maruti Suzuki Wagon R hatchback suggests that the car will be based on the Stingray model that was launched sometime in 2013. The Wagon R Stingray was a cosmetically enhanced version of the plain Jane car and boasted a segment-first projector headlamps. Sales however dropped within two years of launch and most of the dealers now don't have stocks of the Stingray either.
Back to the spied images. The images shows a new trim of the Wagon R. It is called the VXi+ and will be available with both a 5-speed manual as well as AMTs. This trim also looks like the Stingray. It however isn't clear if Maruti will update the entire range or just bring in the new trim. This new trim will have the niceties from the Stingray which include dual airbags as standard along with ABS, diamond cut alloy wheels, a factory-fitted music system as well as black and beige upholstery. The engine option will be the same - a 69PS 1.0-litre 3-cylinder engine. There will also be the option of CNG.
Just last year, Maruti introduced the AMT in the Wagon R, making it the fourth car in its portfolio to have the transmission. The Wagon R range, just like other budget Marutis, now come with a safety pack option right from the base variant. This includes ABS as well as dual airbags. The new VXi+ trim however will not change the positioning of the Wagon R which was always looked upon as a family and beginner's car. It will compete with the Beat as well as the i10.
Image credit: AutosArena
Starts Rs 4.15 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- News2018 Kawasaki Z900RS launched in India at Rs 15.3 lakh
- NewsBMW Motorrad cuts motorcycle prices by 10 per cent in India
- Review2018 Ferrari Portofino first drive review
- News2018 Royal Enfield Thunderbird 500X and Thunderbird 350X to be launched in India on February 28, 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far