Spied: Refreshed Maruti Wagon R spotted in India
Maruti is giving another facelift to its ever-so popular Wagon R model. However, the new avatar of the Wagon R is something which we have already seen before. A spy picture of the updated Maruti Suzuki Wagon R hatchback suggests that the car will be based on the Stingray model that was launched sometime in 2013. The Wagon R Stingray was a cosmetically enhanced version of the plain Jane car and boasted a segment-first projector headlamps. Sales however dropped within two years of launch and most of the dealers now don't have stocks of the Stingray either.
Back to the spied images. The images shows a new trim of the Wagon R. It is called the VXi+ and will be available with both a 5-speed manual as well as AMTs. This trim also looks like the Stingray. It however isn't clear if Maruti will update the entire range or just bring in the new trim. This new trim will have the niceties from the Stingray which include dual airbags as standard along with ABS, diamond cut alloy wheels, a factory-fitted music system as well as black and beige upholstery. The engine option will be the same - a 69PS 1.0-litre 3-cylinder engine. There will also be the option of CNG.
Just last year, Maruti introduced the AMT in the Wagon R, making it the fourth car in its portfolio to have the transmission. The Wagon R range, just like other budget Marutis, now come with a safety pack option right from the base variant. This includes ABS as well as dual airbags. The new VXi+ trim however will not change the positioning of the Wagon R which was always looked upon as a family and beginner's car. It will compete with the Beat as well as the i10.
Image credit: AutosArena
Starts Rs 4.15 Lakhs
- NewsHonda Brio hatchback discontinued in India
- News2018 Lamborghini SC18 unveiled, its first one-off car
- NewsWRC 2018: Ogier clinches sixth title as Latvala wins Rally Australia
- NewsNissan Motor Co chairman Carlos Ghosn faces arrest by Japan authorities over financial violations allegations
- NewsVolkswagen India asked to deposit Rs 100 crores by the NGT over Dieselgate
- NewsSpied: 2019 Mercedes-Benz CLA sedan caught testing
- ReviewHero Xtreme 200R vs TVS Apache RTR 160 4v comparison test
- NewsMahindra Marazzo MPV prices to increase by up to Rs 40,000 from January 2019
- News2018 MotoGP season comes to a dramatic end, Dovizioso wins 'two-part' rain soaked race
- News2018 JK NRC: Karthik Tharani wins 2018 Euro JK 18 championship