Spied: Refreshed Maruti Wagon R spotted in India
Maruti is giving another facelift to its ever-so popular Wagon R model. However, the new avatar of the Wagon R is something which we have already seen before. A spy picture of the updated Maruti Suzuki Wagon R hatchback suggests that the car will be based on the Stingray model that was launched sometime in 2013. The Wagon R Stingray was a cosmetically enhanced version of the plain Jane car and boasted a segment-first projector headlamps. Sales however dropped within two years of launch and most of the dealers now don't have stocks of the Stingray either.
Back to the spied images. The images shows a new trim of the Wagon R. It is called the VXi+ and will be available with both a 5-speed manual as well as AMTs. This trim also looks like the Stingray. It however isn't clear if Maruti will update the entire range or just bring in the new trim. This new trim will have the niceties from the Stingray which include dual airbags as standard along with ABS, diamond cut alloy wheels, a factory-fitted music system as well as black and beige upholstery. The engine option will be the same - a 69PS 1.0-litre 3-cylinder engine. There will also be the option of CNG.
Just last year, Maruti introduced the AMT in the Wagon R, making it the fourth car in its portfolio to have the transmission. The Wagon R range, just like other budget Marutis, now come with a safety pack option right from the base variant. This includes ABS as well as dual airbags. The new VXi+ trim however will not change the positioning of the Wagon R which was always looked upon as a family and beginner's car. It will compete with the Beat as well as the i10.
Image credit: AutosArena
Starts Rs 4.15 Lakhs
- NewsF1: 2018 will be Fernando Alonso's last season in Formula 1
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: TVS Racing announces six-rider line-up
- News2018 Msports X30 Karting Championship: Shahan Ali Mohsin overcomes early upsets to win in Junior category
- NewsBMW M2 Competition set to debut in India soon
- News2019 Honda HR-V crossover facelift unveiled, to be powered by 1.5-litre i-VTEC
- NewsLiberty Walk transforms the Suzuki Jimmy into a mini G-Class
- NewsBMW X7 flagship SUV shows its off roading capabilty in new teaser
- News2019 Kawasaki Ninja H2 gets more power, Brembo Stylema calipers and a self healing paint
- NewsBajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brakes spotted at dealership
- NewsToyota Rush SUV to launch in Pakistan soon, India launch next?