Spied: Refreshed Maruti Wagon R spotted in India
Maruti is giving another facelift to its ever-so popular Wagon R model. However, the new avatar of the Wagon R is something which we have already seen before. A spy picture of the updated Maruti Suzuki Wagon R hatchback suggests that the car will be based on the Stingray model that was launched sometime in 2013. The Wagon R Stingray was a cosmetically enhanced version of the plain Jane car and boasted a segment-first projector headlamps. Sales however dropped within two years of launch and most of the dealers now don't have stocks of the Stingray either.
Back to the spied images. The images shows a new trim of the Wagon R. It is called the VXi+ and will be available with both a 5-speed manual as well as AMTs. This trim also looks like the Stingray. It however isn't clear if Maruti will update the entire range or just bring in the new trim. This new trim will have the niceties from the Stingray which include dual airbags as standard along with ABS, diamond cut alloy wheels, a factory-fitted music system as well as black and beige upholstery. The engine option will be the same - a 69PS 1.0-litre 3-cylinder engine. There will also be the option of CNG.
Just last year, Maruti introduced the AMT in the Wagon R, making it the fourth car in its portfolio to have the transmission. The Wagon R range, just like other budget Marutis, now come with a safety pack option right from the base variant. This includes ABS as well as dual airbags. The new VXi+ trim however will not change the positioning of the Wagon R which was always looked upon as a family and beginner's car. It will compete with the Beat as well as the i10.
Image credit: AutosArena
Starts Rs 4.15 Lakhs
- NewsDodge Viper could be reborn in 2020 but without a V10 engine
- Review2018 Hyundai Creta facelift first drive review
- News2018 Mahindra TUV300 Plus P4 continues to arrive at dealerships selectively
- NewsMV Agusta Brutale 800 RR Lewis Hamilton special edition launched
- NewsDatsun kicks off experience program to celebrate 5th global anniversary
- NewsVideo: All-new BMW X5 teased during testing
- NewsNew Honda CRF450L enduro motorcycle unveiled
- NewsBMW outlines its strategy for India
- NewsTaMo RaceMo project shelved to support Tata Motors' CV division