Spied: Renault Kaptur caught testing in India
In March 2016, the Renault Kaptur was unveiled in Moscow. The Kaptur is based on the Duster platform and aimed at emerging markets. Renault has previously stated that the Kaptur will play an important role in helping the company gain more market share in those markets. The new Renault Kaptur is expected to be launched in India by the end of this year.
However, the Kaptur could be launched earlier than expected as it has caught testing in India. The test mule was heavily camouflaged but we already know what it will look like. The Renault Kaptur will be positioned above the Renault Duster in India. It is expected to come equipped with more comfort and convenience features than the Duster. It will get a better appointed cabin as well.
In terms of dimensions, the Kaptur and the Duster have an identical wheelbase of 2,674mm. The Kaptur measures 4,333mm in length, 1,813mm in width and 1,613mm in height. It is 18mm longer, 82mm shorter and 9mm narrower than the Duster. The Kaptur will get the same 1.5-litre diesel engine as the Duster but in a different state of tune. The Kaptur is also likely to be offered in an all-wheel drive version. It will be manufactured at the Renault-Nissan plant in Oragadam, Chennai.
Image source: Indianautosblog
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.72 Lakhs
Starts Rs 7.99 Lakhs
- ReviewComparison test: Tata Harrier vs Hyundai Creta vs Mahindra XUV 500 vs Jeep Compass
- NewsOla ban revoked after Karnataka Government fines cab aggregator Rs 15 Lakh
- NewsFAME 2: Electric 3- and 4-wheelers need to produce public transport permit to claim incentive benefits
- NewsJaguar Land Rover wins case against Jiangling Motors over Evoque copy
- NewsToyota Kirloskar Motor increases dependency on renewable sources of energy, results in 51,000 tons of Co2 reduction
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip