Spied: Renault Kaptur caught testing in India
In March 2016, the Renault Kaptur was unveiled in Moscow. The Kaptur is based on the Duster platform and aimed at emerging markets. Renault has previously stated that the Kaptur will play an important role in helping the company gain more market share in those markets. The new Renault Kaptur is expected to be launched in India by the end of this year.
However, the Kaptur could be launched earlier than expected as it has caught testing in India. The test mule was heavily camouflaged but we already know what it will look like. The Renault Kaptur will be positioned above the Renault Duster in India. It is expected to come equipped with more comfort and convenience features than the Duster. It will get a better appointed cabin as well.
In terms of dimensions, the Kaptur and the Duster have an identical wheelbase of 2,674mm. The Kaptur measures 4,333mm in length, 1,813mm in width and 1,613mm in height. It is 18mm longer, 82mm shorter and 9mm narrower than the Duster. The Kaptur will get the same 1.5-litre diesel engine as the Duster but in a different state of tune. The Kaptur is also likely to be offered in an all-wheel drive version. It will be manufactured at the Renault-Nissan plant in Oragadam, Chennai.
Image source: Indianautosblog
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.39 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- NewsINRC 2018: Popular Rally in Kochi to see three-way champonship tussle
- NewsDucati enters pre-owned motorcycle segment in India with Ducati Approved
- FeaturesTata Harrier: Things you will like
- NewsMcLaren commissions six special edition cars to celebrate racing heritage
- FeaturesOverview: Tata Harrier's OMEGA architecture
- NewsBookings open for the 2019 Nissan Kicks SUV
- NewsJawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two video: Exhaust note, top speed, design and features explained
- ReviewJawa Jawa first ride review
- NewsLive updates: Jawa Jawa and Jawa Forty-Two ridden in India
- News2019 Yamaha Saluto RX 110, Saluto 125 UBS launched in India at Rs 52,000