Spied: Renault Kaptur caught testing in India
In March 2016, the Renault Kaptur was unveiled in Moscow. The Kaptur is based on the Duster platform and aimed at emerging markets. Renault has previously stated that the Kaptur will play an important role in helping the company gain more market share in those markets. The new Renault Kaptur is expected to be launched in India by the end of this year.
However, the Kaptur could be launched earlier than expected as it has caught testing in India. The test mule was heavily camouflaged but we already know what it will look like. The Renault Kaptur will be positioned above the Renault Duster in India. It is expected to come equipped with more comfort and convenience features than the Duster. It will get a better appointed cabin as well.
In terms of dimensions, the Kaptur and the Duster have an identical wheelbase of 2,674mm. The Kaptur measures 4,333mm in length, 1,813mm in width and 1,613mm in height. It is 18mm longer, 82mm shorter and 9mm narrower than the Duster. The Kaptur will get the same 1.5-litre diesel engine as the Duster but in a different state of tune. The Kaptur is also likely to be offered in an all-wheel drive version. It will be manufactured at the Renault-Nissan plant in Oragadam, Chennai.
Image source: Indianautosblog
Starts Rs 18 Lakhs
Starts Rs 12.25 Lakhs
Starts Rs 8.29 Lakhs
- News2018 Toyota Land Cruiser Prado facelift launched in India at Rs 92.6 lakh
- News2018 Jeep Compass Trailhawk SUV bookings open across India
- NewsMaruti Suzuki Desert Storm: A look back
- News2018 Ford EcoSport Titanium+ petrol with 5-speed manual option launched in India for Rs 10.47 lakh
- News2018 Yamaha Ray-ZR launched with four new colours in India at Rs 53,451
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 reach Australia for display, India launch later in 2018
- NewsMahindra Adventure season 8 calendar for 2018 announced
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift to be launched in April
- News2018 Honda CB Shine SP, Livo, and Dream Yuga commuter motorcycles launched in India
- News2018 Honda CBR250R launched in India at Rs 1.63 lakh