Spied: Renault seven seater MPV spotted testing in India
Renault India's new compact MPV has been snapped testing just outside the Renault-Nissan alliance plant in Oragadam. The upcoming seven-seater MPV is expected to measure under four-metres, making it a direct rival to the Datsun GO++ and the Maruti Suzuki Eco.
The spy pics reveal a few details of the Renault MPV, codenamed RBC. The RBC will be based on a modified version of the CMF-A platform that underpins the Renault Kwid. The wheelbase will be longer than the Kwid's and we expect a slight increase in width as well. The front and rear overhangs are quite short in an attempt to maximise interior space. While the car is wrapped thoroughly in camouflage paper a close look gives an idea of what the frontend would look like. The headlamps, for instance, appear to be quite large, flanking the cascading grille with the Renault lozenge in the centre. The top variant will get LED DRLs that have been placed above the fog-lamps. The interior should be similar to the Kwid's with a similar set of equipment as well.
While there is no word on the engines that will power the RBC, we expect Renault to plonk in a turbocharged version of the 1-litre engine that powers the Kwid.
Starts Rs 3.32 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
- News2018 Drag Racing: Hemant Mudappa claims three two-wheeler titles
- News2018 INMRC: Jagan Kumar widens lead in the Super Sport category
- NewsLive updates: Vazirani Shul electric hypercar showcased in India
- NewsMaserati Ghibli Ribelle is an all-black limited edition offering for the EMEA markets
- News2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 twin and Interceptor 650 twin prices out!
- NewsIsuzu D-Max V-Cross facelift spotted testing in India
- NewsTriumph India to launch six new motorcycles by June 2019
- NewsSkoda Kodiaq RS interiors revealed ahead of Paris Motor Show debut
- NewsLive Updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 global launch
- NewsTriumph India to launch Scrambler 1200 in January 2019, 5 other launches by June