Spied: Renault seven seater MPV spotted testing in India
Renault India's new compact MPV has been snapped testing just outside the Renault-Nissan alliance plant in Oragadam. The upcoming seven-seater MPV is expected to measure under four-metres, making it a direct rival to the Datsun GO++ and the Maruti Suzuki Eco.
The spy pics reveal a few details of the Renault MPV, codenamed RBC. The RBC will be based on a modified version of the CMF-A platform that underpins the Renault Kwid. The wheelbase will be longer than the Kwid's and we expect a slight increase in width as well. The front and rear overhangs are quite short in an attempt to maximise interior space. While the car is wrapped thoroughly in camouflage paper a close look gives an idea of what the frontend would look like. The headlamps, for instance, appear to be quite large, flanking the cascading grille with the Renault lozenge in the centre. The top variant will get LED DRLs that have been placed above the fog-lamps. The interior should be similar to the Kwid's with a similar set of equipment as well.
While there is no word on the engines that will power the RBC, we expect Renault to plonk in a turbocharged version of the 1-litre engine that powers the Kwid.
Starts Rs 3.29 Lakhs
Starts Rs 3.83 Lakhs
Starts Rs 2.67 Lakhs
- Review2019 Ducati Multistrada 1260 Enduro first ride review
- NewsConfirmed: KTM says 790 Duke launch in India not slated for November
- News2019 Hyundai Tucson facelift coming to India in May 2019
- NewsBREAKING: 2018 KTM 790 Duke to be launched in India post-Diwali 2018, pre-bookings already open
- News2019 Porsche Cayenne launched in India at Rs 1.19 crore
- Review2019 Porsche Cayenne Turbo first drive review
- NewsSkoda Vision X SUV to be shown in production guise in March 2019
- NewsLive updates: 2019 Porsche Cayenne launch in India
- NewsBMW X7 SUV teased before debut later this month at LA
- NewsProduction-spec Tata Harrier SUV side profile revealed