Spied: 750cc twin-cylinder Royal Enfield spotted testing in India
Royal Enfield has been developing a 750cc motorcycle. The motorcycle has also been spotted testing first in Spain and then in the UK. Now a WhatsApp message shows the latest RE being tested on Indian roads. While we do not know the source of this message (if it's your video, please feel free to contact us), here are a few details we know about the motorcycle.
The Royal Enfield Continental GT750 (we will like to call it that for the moment) gets an all-new 750cc air-cooled parallel twin-cylinder fuel-injected engine. There are also the twin exhausts. The GT750's engine is expected to make around 50PS of power, significantly higher than the GT535's 29PS.
From the video and images, it is clear that the GT750 also gets broader tyres at the front and rear. Speaking of which, this RE is expected to get 17-inch tyres instead of the conventional 18 for other bikes from the stable. The bike also looks similar to the Continental GT that we have here and will have a beefier frame to handle all that extra power. The brakes too are bigger than the ones on the GT535. ABS will be offered as standard for the international market. However, given that this RE will be making its way down to the Indian showrooms sometime next year, expect it to also get this feature here to comply with the upcoming safety standards.
Honda had recently declared its intention of making an RE challenger in the 350-500cc space. That motorcycle, as we've discussed a few days back, is nearly three years away. Royal Enfield's current growth trajectory is unmatched by any other company in the market, and it has been soldiering on enormously with the cult following that the brand has. While Royal Enfield will unveil the GT750 at the EICMA 2017, expect similar sightings of the motorcycle to trickle in till then.
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC S 63 Coupe
- News2019 Bajaj Dominar 400 could be getting new colour options as shown in the latest TVC
- NewsImage gallery: 2020 Mercedes-AMG GLC 63
- NewsImage gallery: Bajaj Qute quadricycle Maharashtra launch
- News2019 New York International Auto Show: 2020 Mercedes Benz GLS flagship SUV unveiled
- Wedding Photography Symposium
- Sony Better Photography Wedding Photographer of the Year 2018-19 Awards Night
- Sony BP WPOY 2018-19: Top 10 in The Joy of Light by Photoquip