Spied: Royal Enfield Continental GT 750 testing in Chennai
The upcoming Royal Enfield Continental GT 750 has been spotted testing recently in Chennai. The bike was sans any camouflage and devoid of any RE badging, except for the engine casing that was the only giveaway.
The images reveal the cafe racer styling of the new continental GT, which takes inspiration from the 535cc, 29PS Continental GT. We have seen this motorcycle in its full glory being tested before as well. The shape of the tank and the seat looks similar while the frame appears to be identical to the smaller Conti GT. The rear part of the frame, however, seems a bit longer.
The 750cc twin engine, expected to produce 40-50PS, has a nice smattering of chrome around the casings. The twin exhausts look cool, but the end cans are quite large. BS-IV emissions may have necessitated bigger cat-cons. RE has added a large oil cooler instead of going for liquid cooling in the Continental GT 750 (the expected name of this motorcycle). Reports also suggest that this motorcycle will come with Pirelli tyres.
Notice the chain and sprocket are placed to the left of the motorcycle. The front suspension is a conventional, right-side up format while twin gas-charged shocks are present at the rear. The bike gets a single disc brake upfront and at the rear wheel. We expect RE to offer ABS as standard on this motorcycle.
There is quite a buzz about Royal Enfield's new model as fans have been eagerly waiting for a motorcycle with higher capacity from the British marque. Expect the motorcycle to surface in production form in EICMA 2017.
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar