Spied: Skoda Kodiaq spotted testing in India
The Skoda Kodiaq has been spotted testing on Indian soil for the first time sans camouflage. The car was spotted on the roads of Pune.
Skoda, in India has been doing well in recent times with sales driven by their new redesigned cars. Most of the Skoda cars in India have been updated recently. It is this very design concept which is the main inspiration for the Skoda Kodiaq, which is their offering in the mid-size SUV segment.
The Skoda Kodiaq sports angular design language all over the exterior, which is typical of cars from the Czech manufacturer. The design is not agressive, but is understated and sophisticated. The Skoda Kodiaq will get LED tail lamps as standard while LED headlamps will be an optional feature for the Indian market. Some of the other features expected on the India-spec model are, the Skoda Connect touchscreen which includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, motorised tail-gate operation, dual zone automatic climate control, engine start/stop button, power operated front seats etc.
In the Indian market, the petrol variants of the Skoda Kodiaq are most likely to be powered by a 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder TSI engine with an output of 155PS whereas the diesel powered variants are likely to be powered by a 2.0-litre TDI engine with an output of 190PS. Both the engines will be available with dual-clutch automatic transmissions. Skoda India will most likely bring in the diesel-engined Kodiaqs first. Expect Skoda to price their locally assembled Kodiaqs at around Rs 30 lakh when the SUV goes on sale here later this year. The Skoda Kodiaq should give a tough fight to the Hyundai Santa Fe, Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner.
Image source: Team-bhp
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 27.27 Lakhs
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 road test review
- NewsLive updates: Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 India launch
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 launched in India at Rs 2.50 lakh, Continental GT 650 at Rs 2.65 lakh
- Review2018 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650 India first ride review
- NewsToyota Corolla Sedan teased ahead of November 16 global debut
- NewsRoyal Enfield Interceptor 650 and Continental GT 650 launching today! What to expect?
- NewsNew-gen Maruti Suzuki Ertiga bookings open ahead of November 21 launch
- NewsFord Bronco SUV leaked ahead of 2020 launch
- News2018 LA Motor Show: Hyundai Palisade three-row SUV leaked ahead of official reveal
- FeaturesOsian's auction of a collection of automobile memorabilia from the pricely state of Bhavnagar