Spied: Skoda Kodiaq spotted testing in India
The Skoda Kodiaq has been spotted testing on Indian soil for the first time sans camouflage. The car was spotted on the roads of Pune.
Skoda, in India has been doing well in recent times with sales driven by their new redesigned cars. Most of the Skoda cars in India have been updated recently. It is this very design concept which is the main inspiration for the Skoda Kodiaq, which is their offering in the mid-size SUV segment.
The Skoda Kodiaq sports angular design language all over the exterior, which is typical of cars from the Czech manufacturer. The design is not agressive, but is understated and sophisticated. The Skoda Kodiaq will get LED tail lamps as standard while LED headlamps will be an optional feature for the Indian market. Some of the other features expected on the India-spec model are, the Skoda Connect touchscreen which includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, motorised tail-gate operation, dual zone automatic climate control, engine start/stop button, power operated front seats etc.
In the Indian market, the petrol variants of the Skoda Kodiaq are most likely to be powered by a 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder TSI engine with an output of 155PS whereas the diesel powered variants are likely to be powered by a 2.0-litre TDI engine with an output of 190PS. Both the engines will be available with dual-clutch automatic transmissions. Skoda India will most likely bring in the diesel-engined Kodiaqs first. Expect Skoda to price their locally assembled Kodiaqs at around Rs 30 lakh when the SUV goes on sale here later this year. The Skoda Kodiaq should give a tough fight to the Hyundai Santa Fe, Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner.
Image source: Team-bhp
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsVW Ameo Cup 2018: Incident-packed race sees Dhruv Mohite continue good run
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Dhruv Mohite wins Race 1 at season-opener at Kari Motor Speedway
- NewsIndian National Racing Championship 2018: Round 2 free practice sees Arjun Balu make a successful return
- NewsVideo worth watching: Climb Dance - Ari Vatanen's 1988 record run at Pikes Peak
- News2018 VW Ameo Cup: Racing action begins at Kari Motor Speedway this weekend
- NewsSkoda takes responsibility for development of Volkswagen's low-cost small car platform in India
- NewsMahindra Racing to preview Gen2 Formula E car at CarFest South Festival
- NewsVolkswagen Motorsport India-developed TC4-A cars to compete in National Racing Championship
- News2018 Mitsubishi Outlander SUV launched in India at Rs 31.54 lakh
- NewsRecent trademark filing suggests Mercedes-AMG C 53 in the works