Spied: Skoda Kodiaq spotted testing in India
The Skoda Kodiaq has been spotted testing on Indian soil for the first time sans camouflage. The car was spotted on the roads of Pune.
Skoda, in India has been doing well in recent times with sales driven by their new redesigned cars. Most of the Skoda cars in India have been updated recently. It is this very design concept which is the main inspiration for the Skoda Kodiaq, which is their offering in the mid-size SUV segment.
The Skoda Kodiaq sports angular design language all over the exterior, which is typical of cars from the Czech manufacturer. The design is not agressive, but is understated and sophisticated. The Skoda Kodiaq will get LED tail lamps as standard while LED headlamps will be an optional feature for the Indian market. Some of the other features expected on the India-spec model are, the Skoda Connect touchscreen which includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, motorised tail-gate operation, dual zone automatic climate control, engine start/stop button, power operated front seats etc.
In the Indian market, the petrol variants of the Skoda Kodiaq are most likely to be powered by a 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder TSI engine with an output of 155PS whereas the diesel powered variants are likely to be powered by a 2.0-litre TDI engine with an output of 190PS. Both the engines will be available with dual-clutch automatic transmissions. Skoda India will most likely bring in the diesel-engined Kodiaqs first. Expect Skoda to price their locally assembled Kodiaqs at around Rs 30 lakh when the SUV goes on sale here later this year. The Skoda Kodiaq should give a tough fight to the Hyundai Santa Fe, Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner.
Image source: Team-bhp
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsJeep Grand Cherokee Trackhawk can make 1,000PS+, ask Hennessey Performance
- NewsRange Rover Velar launched in Malaysia at RM529,800
- News2018 Merzouga Rally: Sherco TVS rider Joan Pedrero Garcia ranked eighth overall after Stage 3
- NewsInterview: Gaurav Gill on competing in the WRC 2 championship with Team MRF in 2018
- NewsYamaha FZ 25 wins India Design Mark (I Mark) Awards 2018
- NewsBMW M2 Competition revealed with 405PS
- News2018 Ashok Leyland Annual Global Conference held in Chennai
- News2018 BMW X3 launched in India starting at Rs 49.99 lakh
- News2018 Mahindra XUV500 facelift: Top five things that you should know
- NewsOfficial: BMW G 310 R and G 310 GS bookings have NOT begun in India