Spied: Skoda Kodiaq spotted testing in India
The Skoda Kodiaq has been spotted testing on Indian soil for the first time sans camouflage. The car was spotted on the roads of Pune.
Skoda, in India has been doing well in recent times with sales driven by their new redesigned cars. Most of the Skoda cars in India have been updated recently. It is this very design concept which is the main inspiration for the Skoda Kodiaq, which is their offering in the mid-size SUV segment.
The Skoda Kodiaq sports angular design language all over the exterior, which is typical of cars from the Czech manufacturer. The design is not agressive, but is understated and sophisticated. The Skoda Kodiaq will get LED tail lamps as standard while LED headlamps will be an optional feature for the Indian market. Some of the other features expected on the India-spec model are, the Skoda Connect touchscreen which includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, motorised tail-gate operation, dual zone automatic climate control, engine start/stop button, power operated front seats etc.
In the Indian market, the petrol variants of the Skoda Kodiaq are most likely to be powered by a 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder TSI engine with an output of 155PS whereas the diesel powered variants are likely to be powered by a 2.0-litre TDI engine with an output of 190PS. Both the engines will be available with dual-clutch automatic transmissions. Skoda India will most likely bring in the diesel-engined Kodiaqs first. Expect Skoda to price their locally assembled Kodiaqs at around Rs 30 lakh when the SUV goes on sale here later this year. The Skoda Kodiaq should give a tough fight to the Hyundai Santa Fe, Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner.
Image source: Team-bhp
Starts Rs 34.5 Lakhs
Starts Rs 23.78 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.71 Lakhs
Team OD | 19 Feb 2018
- NewsKia installs framework of its new manufacturing plant in Andhra Pradesh
- NewsMotoGP: Tech3 and Yamaha to part ways after 2018 season
- Review2018 Yamaha MT-09 first ride review
- NewsSkoda India to hike prices of all models
- NewsDucati launches extended warranty program in India
- News2018 F1: All the Formula 1 cars for the upcoming season launched so far
- NewsF2 2018: Arjun Maini signs with Trident for FIA Formula 2 Championship
- Review2018 TVS Apache RR 310 road test review
- Features2016 Yamaha YZF-R3 long term review: After 12,572km and two years
- NewsPorsche discontinues diesel, to focus on EVs and hybrids