Spied: Skoda Kodiaq spotted testing in India
The Skoda Kodiaq has been spotted testing on Indian soil for the first time sans camouflage. The car was spotted on the roads of Pune.
Skoda, in India has been doing well in recent times with sales driven by their new redesigned cars. Most of the Skoda cars in India have been updated recently. It is this very design concept which is the main inspiration for the Skoda Kodiaq, which is their offering in the mid-size SUV segment.
The Skoda Kodiaq sports angular design language all over the exterior, which is typical of cars from the Czech manufacturer. The design is not agressive, but is understated and sophisticated. The Skoda Kodiaq will get LED tail lamps as standard while LED headlamps will be an optional feature for the Indian market. Some of the other features expected on the India-spec model are, the Skoda Connect touchscreen which includes Apple CarPlay and Android Auto, motorised tail-gate operation, dual zone automatic climate control, engine start/stop button, power operated front seats etc.
In the Indian market, the petrol variants of the Skoda Kodiaq are most likely to be powered by a 1.4-litre, 4-cylinder TSI engine with an output of 155PS whereas the diesel powered variants are likely to be powered by a 2.0-litre TDI engine with an output of 190PS. Both the engines will be available with dual-clutch automatic transmissions. Skoda India will most likely bring in the diesel-engined Kodiaqs first. Expect Skoda to price their locally assembled Kodiaqs at around Rs 30 lakh when the SUV goes on sale here later this year. The Skoda Kodiaq should give a tough fight to the Hyundai Santa Fe, Ford Endeavour and the Toyota Fortuner.
Image source: Team-bhp
Starts Rs 34.84 Lakhs
Starts Rs 25.65 Lakhs
Starts Rs 26.2 Lakhs
- NewsAtacama Rally 2018: Hero MotoSports' Oriol Mena finishes Stage 2 in 10th place, Joaquim Rodrigues 15th
- NewsIndia Baja 2018: CS Santosh to lead charge for Hero Motosport Team Rally
- NewsIsuzu India announces cricketer Jonty Rhodes as new brand ambassador for D-Max V-Cross
- NewsHonda Navi crosses one lakh sales mark
- NewsMaruti Suzuki increases prices of all its models in India
- Review2018 Suzuki Burgman Street road test review
- NewsYamaha YZF-R15 Moto GP limited edition and new colour options for Yamaha FZS-Fi launched at Rs 1.3 lakh and Rs 87,042
- NewsNext-gen Hyundai Santro design sketch unveiled, to launch in October 2018
- NewsSportier Toyota Yaris TRD Sportivo shown at GIIAS 2018
- News2018 Bajaj Pulsar NS160 with rear disc brake priced at Rs 82,630